Life Hacks With Cats

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What makes life with your cats easier? Share your kitty life hacks! Ingenious, clever, or just plain silly.

I'll start:

When your grumpy, stubborn senior kitty scarfs other cats' food, put a big 'scary' furball in front of the door and tell him to stay there. Grumpy kitty won't pass his mortal enemy. Everyone else can now eat their dinner in peace.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats probably would not try to pass.

Greg and Arnold both methodically and purposely attacked a burmese mountain dog that weighed over 100 lbs, one cat at time.

Arnold attempted to attack a neighbours guard german sheppard......I grabbed arnold before he got eaten.

The boys used to be good with the neighbours dogs. I tried to socialize them....all was good and then suddenly the cats changed became aggressive with no provocation. They will approach and attack dogs....and probably cats as well, if on our property.

Its a bit sad to this day, Guinness and Aiden, two large dogs that greg and arnold were ok with, stare longingly at our house when walking by, hoping to greet the boys as they used to. We dont let the cats meet other animals anymore. Cant risk the possible injuries or lawsuit.

I imagine the boys would be especially aggressive if a dog blocked them from their food dishes.

I guess our "hack" to make our lives easier was to enclose a portion of the yard so the boys can enjoy outside without us getting sued by other pet owners. :lol:

Last edited:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A practical one for owners of scavenging cats: buying a separate lock to attach to the kitchen door works wonders!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
A practical one for owners of scavenging cats: buying a separate lock to attach to the kitchen door works wonders!
Oooo, yes, that reminds me... I've been using magnetic child safety locks for most of my cabinets for years. This keeps them out of the treat cabinets, the yarn drawers, and the linen closets. Since we have steel studs in our walls (usually the corners), I can stick the magnetic keys in human reach pretty much anywhere.

magnetic child safety locks

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
What makes life with your cats easier? Share your kitty life hacks! Ingenious, clever, or just plain silly.

I'll start:

When your grumpy, stubborn senior kitty scarfs other cats' food, put a big 'scary' furball in front of the door and tell him to stay there. Grumpy kitty won't pass his mortal enemy. Everyone else can now eat their dinner in peace.
This is not effective in my household. Three dogs block my cat Pepsi and he does not care. Instead, he'd just claw his way through the door and effectively accomplishing his goal - not to eat other cat's food though, but human food. :lol:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My tip is if you want your cat to stay still for anything nail clipping,fleaing,or anything they need to have done. Bring backup :lol: