Licking my neck...

carakoch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Cleo is a stray I adopted about a year ago. Since day one she likes to climb up to my chest and wrap her front paws around my kneck and commence licking my neck. Then follows with a long nap. I feel bad because if I stop her she gets frustrated and gos off to a closet to sleep. Like I am denouncing her or something. If I let her she becomes very content. I have several cats and lots growing up. Never had I had a cat insist on this routine. I feel like maybe she thinks she is cleaning me and that is her way of showing affection? I feel bad if I don't let her just a little. But she scratches my kneck with her paws and I also worry if I can catch anything from her. I wash off afterwards. What is this??

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is just cleaning you. I have one who likes to do this. If you don't want her to do it, then just put her down. She is not going to be damaged for life. It is a compliment though. As far as catching anything, no you cant catch anything from the cats. The only things they can pass to their owners is worms and fungus. In theses cases, it would be cought by less than licking you. If you don't mind the licking, and the nails are bothering you...I would just clip her nails more often.