Licking: Blinds, Leather, Duffel Bags, etc.

lucidblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I'm new here. I have an almost 4 year old female Bengal cat. Her name is Ripley. In the last year or so, she has started to lick the blinds. She does it continuously and it's extremely annoying. Recently, she started doing it when I go to bed (for years she has just gone right to bed when I do, but not lately). Why would she be doing this?

Also, my boyfriend's cat will continuously lick leather coats, duffel bags... really anything that makes a noise. Nothing he does will get his cat to stop.

Anyone have the same problem or know what could be causing this?

Thanks

ripley601

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MY Ripley
likes to lick zippers, on purses on clothes whatever. Makes my teeth itch thinking about it.

kdn8100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Smokey loves to chew the mesh bags potatoes come in, and eats rubber bands. Fatboy chews paper. Dinkycat chews the blinds and windowsills. I wish mine would lick stuff!

duke816

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MY Smokie licks people! You put your hand out to pet her and she licks YOU! Nose, cheeks, legs, arms, toes... My boyfriend's cat, though, licks his blinds sometimes. I always thought it was kind of gross, but he seems to like it. It's annoying when you're trying to sleep though! He also licks plastic bags. I think he likes the noise it makes!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow like to lick leather, my jeans, and anything made of wood (like door frames). Have you tried putting something citrus, or a product like bitter apple, on the things the cat is licking?