Lice?

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just took in 2 new foster babies. They’re around 4 weeks old and they’re covered in lice. Any idea how to get rid of lice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Prissycat162

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also have a 8 week old bottle baby kitten that refuses any and all food. He only wants milk. I’ve tried wet food and even hard food and he won’t touch either of them. Any idea on how to get him to eat on his own? I should also specify that he won’t lap up milk on his own and will only take a bottle.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For the lice you can use Frontline on the back of the neck, but since the kittens are so young, you must only use a couple of drops. Empty a tube of Frontline into a cup, and apply the drops with a syringe so you can control it.

Wash their bedding constantly, and your own clothes you wear to handle the kittens.

Repeat a week later, and you can also bathe the kittens in Blue Dawn dish soap and comb them to remove further lice. Here is a link:

What is the best course of treatment for lice on kittens? - University of Wisconsin Madison Shelter Medicine Program

I also suggest you speak with your vet about a lime-sulfur dip. None of these treatments kill eggs which is why they may need treating weekly for up to a month.

For weaning, watch this video:

Keep us posted on how it goes!