Leukemia

kathy1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We took the kittens to the vet and they tested positive for leukemia we couldn't bring them home they are looking for a place to take them If they can't find a place for them they will put them down they would have to be in quarantine for the rest of their lives and we couldn't do that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathy1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Almost three months and yes we have older catd

kathy1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meant cats

kathy1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow they are taking them to the local animal shelter to be adopted and we just came back from saying goodbye to them

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
This is horrible. There is no excuse in my mind for euthanizing kittens after only one ELISA test was done and turned up positive. One of my previous cats became mine because I demanded a retest (knowing the test is only 80% accurate) and he got a negative result twice.

I don't think you did anything wrong. It is unfortunate that the vet had no interest in waiting 8 weeks to retest the kittens before even thinking about a lifetime isolation. I would seek a different foster home for them that has no other cats so the kittens would not have to be quarantined in cages or kennels.

kathy1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are going to the local where the will not be in a cage they will be will be with other felv cats to be adopted out she said they are all tested positive and said that they will always test positive.