Letting Go Of My Crazy Old Man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sylvia Grace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's done... my beautiful old man is gone! :bawling::bawling::bawling: And he meowed while he was having the sedative injected. I'd wanted to hear it again so bad!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've already somewhat forgotten his meow. :sigh:
No you haven't, you think you have because the pain and the grief has numbed your senses and you are deaf and blind now. But your senses will wake up again one day, and you will be able to hear and see, and the sweet meow of your precious Heisenberg will ring in your ears.
Hugs.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Heidleburg, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Has anybody considered or bought a custom stuffed animal of your kitty? I'm thinking about it, but they're expensive so I'd like suggestions on who to go to.
Here you go, Sweetie. Cuddle Clones: Custom Stuffed Animals of Pets, 100% Premium Quality.

Also, these guys, Pet Urns - Perfect Memorials have a big selection of urns in a wide variety of styles, some with photo frame.

HUGS!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Someone, and my apologies I can't think of who at the moment, said there is a solar light in their backyard, as a remembrance of a wonderful cat.
RIP sweetheart, you special cat, you were loved and were so very much loved in return.

Sylvia Grace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm honestly questioning if we made the right choice to let him go now. He was still so full of life!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think that having him at a good place, rather than miserable, hurting and unhappy, may have been the greatest gift.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Allowing Heisenberg to leave you when he was not in pain was a gift to him, a gift to him that broke your heart.
He took a bit of your soul with him, but left his pawprint and his love in your heart.

Someone posted awhile ago in this forum about cremation jewelry that holds some of the ashes from your pet. Maybe that would fit your need for a memorial piece.

Sylvia Grace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the support, everyone. It means the world to me.

I tend to lose jewelry, that's the only thing that would get in the way cremation jewelry working for me. Anything small tends to vanish quickly around me. :sigh:

Sylvia Grace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I hadn't realized that there were so many options for memorials! It'll be a tough choice, but I definitely need something to help keep his memory close.

It's the doubt we all have had when we made that choice. Do not let that doubt destroy your life!
It does make me feel better to know I'm not alone with that doubt. Even though I didn't make the decision to let him go (it was mom who set up the appointment) I still feel that burden on my shoulders.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm honestly questioning if we made the right choice to let him go now. He was still so full of life!
That is so human, to question. But I will tell you this, you helped him gently transition into a new Life before he lost his dignity and his joy. Those are with him still, along with, I imagine, a huge measure of gratitude to you for a life well-loved and a parting filled with peace.

Sylvia Grace

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got Heisenberg's ashes today. It's good to have him back home safe and sound. Every time I see ashes I'm amazed that a body can be shrunk down that much!

I was also going through some pictures for a photo album, and came across this gem. It's from sometime in 2010. My Heisenberg was such a handsome man!