Purraise
Here in Australia, there are several formulae:

Biolac
Animalac Plus
Divetalact
Formula One
Wombaroo
Impact (colostrum made by Wombaroo)

My opinion is that the more specific the formula, the better. For example, the formula Divetalact can be used for feeding puppies, kittens, piglets, foals, joeys etc. - most mammals. Which really means that it's not exactly right for any of them. On the other hand, my favourite formula is Wombaroo. The company Wombaroo make different formulae for different animals, ie. cat milk replacer, dog milk replacer, kangaroo milk, koala milk, cheetah milk, tiger milk, sea lion milk etc., so for each species, they researched the composition of the mother's milk and developed a formula that very closely matches.

The down side of this is that formulae like Wombaroo are a lot more expensive than ones like Divetalact. I choose to pay more and use Wombaroo, as the kittens thrive on it and there are no problems with tummy upsets.

In the USA, I have heard good things about KMR. Also goats milk and Pro Biolac. What do you use? What is your opinion of different formulae?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i use lactol
its for puppies/kittens and also good for pregnant and nursing mums.
my vets always highy recommend this for our kittens and have never had tummy upsets in the past with it and they have always done very well on this.

4catz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is also cimicat in the UK. That is one my vet recommends. I think it is quite rich, but I have never had any problems using it on my previous fosters.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
iv nnot heard of cimicat and iv tried looking it up and cannot find it ?

also here we have royal canin babycat #34 milk, for 300g £7.99
from birth to 2 months old
for large litters and for orphand kittens.
iv not tried this one personally as iv always stuck with what i know and so far no problems. but i do use royal canin baby wet food and adult food and sentive stomach.

then the sherleys lactol 500g £7.99
this is formulated to match natural b*tches milke as closely as possible , so is ideal as a supplement for weening puppies.
and as a milk replacement for orphan kittens or for pets convalescing after an illness, and also a good sauce of protine for nursing mothers.

ETA.. i just found a bit on cimicat.
Cimicat is a scientifically prepared milk substitute for cats of all ages. It helps give cats and kittens a smooth, sleek fur and promotes good health. The ideal mothers milk substitute, Cimicat nourishes cats and ensures proper rearing of orphan kittens or those in large litters and also provides the pregnant and lactating queen with the essential substances for nutrition and growth. Cimicat contains easily digested proteins for growth, a source of energy from fat and carbohydrates, together with a combination of minerals, trace elements and vitamins for peak condition and health. Unlike cows milk Cimicat has a reduced lactose level to mimic cats milk. Available in handy 350g containers at £8.49

i can only find this over the internet and not in any of the big pet stores , i will be asking my vet about this tomorrow as im taking anne in to be spayed.

4catz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

ETA.. i just found a bit on cimicat.
Cimicat is a scientifically prepared milk substitute for cats of all ages. It helps give cats and kittens a smooth, sleek fur and promotes good health. The ideal mothers milk substitute, Cimicat nourishes cats and ensures proper rearing of orphan kittens or those in large litters and also provides the pregnant and lactating queen with the essential substances for nutrition and growth. Cimicat contains easily digested proteins for growth, a source of energy from fat and carbohydrates, together with a combination of minerals, trace elements and vitamins for peak condition and health. Unlike cows milk Cimicat has a reduced lactose level to mimic cats milk. Available in handy 350g containers at £8.49

i can only find this over the internet and not in any of the big pet stores , i will be asking my vet about this tomorrow as im taking anne in to be spayed.
As far as I know it can be only be brought from the vets, although I might be wrong on that one.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have always used the KMR from the vet. Its worked very well for us. I saw the brand Just Born at my local store the other day, other than that I really don't know of any other brands here.

pawsandwhiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the Uk as the previous posters have said, KMR or cimicat or lactol i think. There may be other options but those are the ones i know. KMR comes ready made whereas the cimicat has to be mixed up. I have bought cimicat for my kittens due soon, but mainly as thats what the vet recommended!