Let's Talk About Anything Other Than COVID19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What's everyone been doing to pass the time? Binging on shows? Movies? There is now a jigsaw thread.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see, I have been:
Building a new outdoor shrine for a neighbor's Virgin Mary statuette
Evicting a skunk that took up residence in a crawl space under a part of our house
Building an oak frame for a watercolor that I bought a while back
And, of course, hanging out here at TCS

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an Etsy shop which has been pretty busy, so I have been spending a fair amount of time working on inventory and sending out orders. And no, I am not making masks. If it just gets a little warmer I have tons of yard work to do. But right now we are still getting night time freezes so I can’t uncover plant beds or finish raking the yard.

N NY cat man , careful with that skunk or we will be smelling you here in Minnesota.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Elmo is starring in his own late night-type tv show soon :) It's called “The Not Too Late Show with Elmo " and will air on the new HBO MAX subscription streaming service.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an Etsy shop which has been pretty busy, so I have been spending a fair amount of time working on inventory and sending out orders. And no, I am not making masks. If it just gets a little warmer I have tons of yard work to do. But right now we are still getting night time freezes so I can’t uncover plant beds or finish raking the yard.

N NY cat man , careful with that skunk or we will be smelling you here in Minnesota.
Not to worry.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I am doing a 1,000 piece puzzle of the Grand Canyon. I see above online puzzles mentioned, I didn't know they existed! The cats can't get to them!
I'm also getting my basement (is a finished basement) fixed up after a plumbing flood 2 years ago. I've removed the cardboard ceiling and will have the rafters/joists showing as an unfinished ceiling. I got the little wood crosspieces all off and am sawing them smaller to fit in the trash. Then it's paint the basement floor, and all done.
Also, someone I know is doing some Zoom art classes for friends (she teaches art at a museum, but not now) and tonight it's a collage, I'm using a bald eagle picture from at birding event in February.
And...the yardwork started. Have plants ordered and I've started seedlings indoors. Removing grass to make more room for flowers!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might only interest someone who's into old Hollywood-I just watched a movie from 1980 called "The Scarlett O'Hara War", which is about the casting of Gone With The Wind. It's a wonderful period piece.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Was that on television?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to start a debate but I've been practicing my pendulum and l rod dowsing. I haven't really felt much like earning money lately with the cats now going away to other colonies and all.

Last edited:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found an interesting YouTube series about the history of Nickelodeon, show by show. What can I say, I was feeling nostalgic :sigh:

It's a work in progress, but what there is is pretty in-depth. I watched Nick in the 90s, but the history going back to the 70s is fascinating. It's called Nick Knacks, if anyone's interested.

Oh, there *is* language, but not a lot, and I don't think it detracts from it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I found an interesting YouTube series about the history of Nickelodeon, show by show. What can I say, I was feeling nostalgic :sigh:

It's a work in progress, but what there is is pretty in-depth. I watched Nick in the 90s, but the history going back to the 70s is fascinating. It's called Nick Knacks, if anyone's interested.

Oh, there *is* language, but not a lot, and I don't think it detracts from it.
I had no idea Nick was that old. I started watching it in the early 90s as they were airing one of my
fave all time shows, The Brady Bunch!!