Lets See Your Majestic/distinguished Pose!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg...the biggest lap cat i've seen, the cuddles must be amazing. Is it me or is having a big cats as pet a huge thing in the U.S? Is Gibs a rescue?
dragoriana dragoriana - A great many people in the U. S. buy Big Cats because they haven't even the first clue about the costs of feeding, housing and vetting them, and the amount of work and training in keeping them safely. A vast percentage of those Big Cats who come to people as young animals are turned over to rescues [ @tarasgirl06 could probably quote the exact failure rate for Big Cats in private homes ] because their owners underestimated them, and overestimated their own abilities. Here's a quick outline from a Big Cat rescue organisation, showing the real costs and dangers in keeping them - something that very few people actually research, and later regret:

Buy A Big Cat What is the Real Cost

basscat basscat rescued Gibs as a little baby Bobcatlette, and bottle fed him, understanding the rôle of Wildlife Rehabilitator, and having the wherewithal to manage keeping a Big Cat safely and comfortably. Being hand-reared, Gibs probably wouldn't have survived in the wild once he was grown, without having been taught hunting skills by his natural Mother, so BassCat kept him, taught him how to hunt shoes and recliners, and spent about a million dollars making Gibs comfortable. In return for BassCat's Love, determination and affection, Gibs terrorises him daily. It's a symbiotic relationship: BassCat has a screw loose somewhere, and Gibs makes him crazier.

;)

Caveat: I'm a Charter Member of the Gibs Fan Club, and I'm in awe of BassCat's incredible determination to be certain that this beautiful Bobcat has everything that he needs or wants. That said, I Love Bobcats, and the only reason that I don't have one is that I don't have a screw loose somewhere.

;)

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - He's a good colour match for your goggie, isn't he? Oz says, "Colonel Oz; I likes that!"
dragoriana dragoriana - A great many people in the U. S. buy Big Cats because they haven't even the first clue about the costs of feeding, housing and vetting them, and the amount of work and training in keeping them safely. A vast percentage of those Big Cats who come to people as young animals are turned over to rescues [ @tarasgirl06 could probably quote the exact failure rate for Big Cats in private homes ] because their owners underestimated them, and overestimated their own abilities. Here's a quick outline from a Big Cat rescue organisation, showing the real costs and dangers in keeping them - something that very few people actually research, and later regret:

Buy A Big Cat What is the Real Cost

basscat basscat rescued Gibs as a little baby Bobcatlette, and bottle fed him, understanding the rôle of Wildlife Rehabilitator, and having the wherewithal to manage keeping a Big Cat safely and comfortably. Being hand-reared, Gibs probably wouldn't have survived in the wild once he was grown, without having been taught hunting skills by his natural Mother, so BassCat kept him, taught him how to hunt shoes and recliners, and spent about a million dollars making Gibs comfortable. In return for BassCat's Love, determination and affection, Gibs terrorises him daily. It's a symbiotic relationship: BassCat has a screw loose somewhere, and Gibs makes him crazier.

;)

Caveat: I'm a Charter Member of the Gibs Fan Club, and I'm in awe of BassCat's incredible determination to be certain that this beautiful Bobcat has everything that he needs or wants. That said, I Love Bobcats, and the only reason that I don't have one is that I don't have a screw loose somewhere.

;)
Colonel Oz does have a nice ring to it.
I"ve read in past post that basscat basscat often says having Gibs is like a BOAT, Bust Out Another Thousand. You should see Gibs playhoyse dragoriana dragoriana

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine is correct. (well, aside from the hunting part). ALL cats know how to hunt. They come that way and practice is what makes them better/more efficient. A cats momma usually helps them through their "klutzy" stage.
Gibs can't be set free due to lack of fear. He doesn't fear people which, being a bobcat, would get him killed.
Gibs isn't wild. He knows nothing of being wild, which would get him trouble with the natives.
He only knows carpet, tile, couches, ceiling fans, people, and food that comes in a bowl.
However, he is far less "cooped up" than any indoor housecat. And probably receives twice the attention. For what the internet says is an animal that prefers solitude, he is definitely NOT. He begs and cries for attention the split second he's not the center of it. :lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gibs can't be set free due to lack of fear. He doesn't fear people which, being a bobcat, would get him killed.
Gibs isn't wild. He knows nothing of being wild, which would get him trouble with the natives.
basscat basscat - Thanks for the gentle correction; I'd completely forgotten that while Gibs doesn't fear Humans, Humans fear Bobcats - and Humans must kill that which they fear. Kinda makes me wish I was a Bobcat.