Let's see your hair! :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!  So, over on another thread, some of us were having a little "side conversation" about our hair, so I thought it would be fun to start a thread on the subject. 

I know we have some here with very long hair, some with short, and some fun colors as well!

SO, lets see some pictures ladies!!  ...and guys, feel free to post as well! 

I'll start us off...   I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures from everyone! 

My hair has been red for YEARS! (like since cosmetology school in the late 80's, w/ the exception of a rich brunette for a little while).  I am so fair skinned, (I only burn), that it looks natural on me.  My natural color is about a medium brown, but not very warm, and now that I'm 47, I do have a lot of silver! So the red makes my skin look better.  

I usually have it more of a copper color, or copper highlights, but it fades so quick being lighter, & then I look washed out, so last month, I went a little richer & darker, but trying to keep some vibrance. I just had it done Saturday. a retouch & a glaze. I also had an inch or so cut off last month. My hair is thick, but fine, so if it gets too long, I just get a lot of tangles in the ends, even though I use a lot of conditioner.

Not the clearest picture, but here it is. I think I have some on my phone too, so will have to post from there to get them.

Ok, ony phone now, so here are some more! [emoji]128513[/emoji]

And here it is, naturally wavey/ curly. I have to use curling cream, & the big dish diffuser w/ the fingers in it, & blow dry upside down to get more curls. This was Friday night, before my color appt. So you can tell how it fades a little & you see the copper highlights again.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've always kept my hair long.  That's Hannah getting a big hug in that photo.  

I'm not coloring it these days so there's a mix of the blond, the natural brown and quite a bit of silver/gray coming in, too. It actually looks cool (I think so anyway)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty! Yes, different colors give demention.
Pretty barrette too.
Aww, Hannah. She said, "I want to be in the hair picture too mommy!" :D

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born with blonde hair. Then it turned darker. I used to 'frost' it heavily for years.. then I decided to go Red, about 15 years ago..now I have to color in order to keep the grey away.. I look horrible in grey. I am very pale skinned.. so the grey makes me look washed out and old.

I have tried a ton of variations in the red. I like the strawberry blonde version.. 

Yes, red fades so fast.. this way, the blonde stays in a bit longer...until the roots show! my hair grows so fast..

this is from a year ago:

I have to take a couple new photos of the tad blonder version, however I do not think it has changed. I have been pretty consistent.. my hairdresser likes to darken it a bit for the winter and lighter it a bit for the summer...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I will have someone take some pictures of mine...I got grey roots, dark brown underneath and a mahogany look to it-I used to color it deep dark red because I have copper highlights and blonde doesn't look good on me. I have to use what's called a blue ash blonde but it's a pain so I just went for a deep red brown color. one time I picked a purple hue red and it looked good. I have strange skin tone. it's not pale but not tan either...so some colors don't look good on me. one is yellow..be it blonde hair or yellow clothing. the last time I bleached my hair platinum blonde It turned carrot orange. it was horrible. I had to go back to the store and get a bleach kit..bleach the new color out..then apply the actual ash blonde..it looked good for about five days until I got a dark root line growing in. I loved putting my newly blonde hair in braids. I colored it brown shortly after about 2 months after..it looked horrible. I never frosted my hair-I spent all my time outside during the summer which lightened the hair quite a bit.

I used to use lemon juice as a teen..it didn't work..only got it a bit lighter but nothing blonde like I wanted....I was a light blonde as a baby but as a kid it was dirty blonde..then turned 25 and it got progressively darker and now it's a deep dark brown and grey mixed in...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born with blonde hair. Then it turned darker. I used to 'frost' it heavily for years.. then I decided to go Red, about 15 years ago..now I have to color in order to keep the grey away.. I look horrible in grey. I am very pale skinned.. so the grey makes me look washed out and old.

I have tried a ton of variations in the red. I like the strawberry blonde version.. 
Yes, red fades so fast.. this way, the blonde stays in a bit longer...until the roots show! my hair grows so fast..

this is from a year ago:

I have to take a couple new photos of the tad blonder version, however I do not think it has changed. I have been pretty consistent.. my hairdresser likes to darken it a bit for the winter and lighter it a bit for the summer...

Oh Cindy, that's pretty! I like it. Yes, reds fade faster because the color molicule is larger, so it doesn't go as deep into the hair shaft, but over the years they've gotten much better.
It really helps to also use a shampoo & conditioner for colored hair. We only do a glaze on mine maybe every other time. I used to go every 5 wks, but as I get older, I need to go every 4, so I try to do that.
It works out to about right, because she comes for a massage about once a month.
I am so greatful to our trade, I couldn't afford her otherwise.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
My hairdresser is on vacation this week, so I have to wait until next Thursday for the 3 C's~~~ color, cut, conditioning!!

When I was working, I faithfully had an appointment every 5 weeks... now that I am not working, I stretch it out to about 8 weeks.. I do have them do a bangs trim in between. My hairdresser would rather I go in there, instead of trying to trim them myself--hatchet job...

I will post new pictures next week...

It took a long time to find the appropriate mix of colors, for something that looks natural, and goes with my pale coloring.. It is a formula.. she keeps a running 'recipe card' on all her clients.

My hairdresser loves to color...and she sometimes 'sneaks' a variation in there... last time it was a bit darker for the winter... I told her I noticed it.. and we laughed...

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm due for a cut. I donated a lot last year and didn't like the resulting cut. It's too "one length". I'm probably going back to long layers. I don't know what else looks good! :lol3: My color is a darker golden brown depending on which way I part my hair. People think I've dyed it if I just part it different. Which is nice since I can't be bothered with something to maintain like that. :lol3: I have a sprinkling of "fairy sparkles" but mostly I'm ok with that. I'm not sure if I have any recent pictures but I wear the same clips Betsy has on in her picture. My hair waves a bit but not enough to be curly.

This is fairly recent.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Fairy sprinkles"
   I love that, funny!   I have a lot of those when my new growth comes in LOL!   Yes, layers will give it more movement, more to work with when styling.  

My natural color is close yours. A  level#6 on the color chart.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's baby Bud grooming my long, luxurious locks.

'
:lol3:

Mooch has always done this when my hair is wet. It was funny when she was close to that size; funny in a different way at 15lb of chunky!

I'm trying to work out hair cuts for 3 people. I need another adult along to supervise my littlest kid. I definitely won't be coloring and part of me says to try something new. But I don't want to look like Marci from Peanuts again. And I want to pull it back easy. Being a girl is work sometimes. Especially when you don't know what your doing. :rolleyes:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to get a good photo of the darkness but the camera makes it come out bright. I will post what I have so far. Gonna try in the mirror in the bathroom to get the back.

I held it out to the side and turned my face but the hair is too long..one picture is my hair up in a bun.

I will get the otherside next..don't mind my huge plaid shirt-it's cold out and I just love my men's plaid shirts.

don't mind the rope on the side=was trying to get the hair all in the picture-I haven't brushed it this morning-I stick it up in a bun then brush it out later-I just haven't gotten to it yet.

ok got a few more

sorry about the oatmeal in the way-this one shows the color a bit better.

I took one in the mirror but it didn't come out good.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like some natural highlights in there. :)

Yes, mine is in a bun or ponytail almost every day, since I am cleaning houses by myself!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
none is natural I don't think. I colored it for 2 years and it's been 3 years...I am still trying to grow it out..maybe it's my natural color? I haven't had a chance to lop it off...I am too scared to go with a short haircut..I have a low hairline in the back and it looks strange the last time I had a boys cut..so I am stubbornly keeping it long to hold on to my youth...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

none is natural I don't think. I colored it for 2 years and it's been 3 years...I am still trying to grow it out..maybe it's my natural color? I haven't had a chance to lop it off...I am too scared to go with a short haircut..I have a low hairline in the back and it looks strange the last time I had a boys cut..so I am stubbornly keeping it long to hold on to my youth...
LOL!  I have only had short hair once. Back when I lived in MN. Was wanting something different, but with the amount of wave I have in my hair, It's better long. Short took more work, to smooth it out. 

No curls when it was short, just funky waves, & cow licks  in front!   

I like to do too many things with my hair to have it short. ........and I am a Leo after all. So, gotta have my mane!  

I'll have to take a picture of some pictures, (yep, was before camera phones), & post them of my short hair. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I'm back. I pulled out my old nanny photo album, & took some pictures. :D Here I am with short hair!
This was back in 1996 in MN, when I was a nanny.
I worked for a great couple. Both were Drs. He was a Urologist, (which came in handy once when I had a UTI, he just left a Rx for me on the kitchen table!) Lol!
The wife is a neuro...bio.....Something long. Basically, she said she looked at cells under a microscope all day when she wasn't teaching.
OK, so this was their little boy Conner.
He became my "Pooh Bear." They had just moved to Kentucky, where she took a job at the university.
I went along for 2 wks to help, & help transition in the new nanny. We were all so attached, boy was that a hard goodbye!!!

This one was still in MN before the move. The dad had just finished his residency, so we went to a big dinner event for that at a hotel, they got a room for the night there, this way when it got late, I could take the baby up.

This was a visit back in MN after they had moved.

And thought after those, would be fun to show you this,
Caught up with the mom last spring, & she sent me this.
My "little Pooh Bear all grown up!" This is his college graduation!! So handsome. So hard to believe after being his nanny from 6 most. Old to a little over a year old.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

It looks like a pretty color.. and your hair is so long.. I bet you could, if you wish to, cut off several inches, and still have enough for the length for pulling it back or wearing it strait.. a bit of layers around the sides would look nice, and soft..not much.. just slightly graduated.. If you wanted to drive down to my area, I could hook you up with my hairdresser--but she is expensive...but good

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
@Angels mommy     Your hair looked great... and your "Pooh Bear"  is a real hunk!!! OMGosh.. be still my heart.. if only I were a bit younger....

I bet your hair would still look good short.. but you have to find the 'right' stylist.. I am very fortunate; my hairdresser really knows my hair, cowlicks and all...and she knows how particular I am about my bangs ~~ a bit shorter is better because I wear glasses and my hair grows like a weed...