Let's see your Christmas decor 🎅

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I turned my triangle shaped plant holder into a pet-friendly non-traditional tree with some mini lights:

20201204_144638[1].jpg

The ornaments aren't holiday themed. Target had no ornaments in stock today. Or much of anything holiday related. I hung an octopus figurine on for now.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I turned my triangle shaped plant holder into a pet-friendly non-traditional tree with some mini lights:

View attachment 360993

The ornaments aren't holiday themed. Target had no ornaments in stock today. Or much of anything holiday related. I hung an octopus figurine on for now.
We are all improvising this year.. I think your 'tree' looks really cute...

You could try, one of the chain drug stores for decorations; although they all seem to be picked over... They do have some cute things.. or even Big Lots. I find so many things there. Or Home Depot, Costco, etc....

I do miss the greenery and lights, I usually have.... This year is such a strange untraditional, unconventional holiday seasons... it is a non-year.. It will go down as the Covid Year. We had the Depression, the WWI and WWII years, The Civil War years... now it will be the Covid Year...
This time will go down in history, as to what we make of it....

Enjoy your tree...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I did get some pictures of the holidays around here.

KItchenOne.jpg

KitchenTwo.jpg

KitchenThree.jpg

KitchenFour.jpg

The hutch has some of our Winterberry items
KitchenFive.jpg

You might be asking, "OK, where's the tree skirt?" Well, we'll put the tree skirt down on Christmas morning. Why? Because every years for the past two years, Amber has peed on it! At least once. I put it in the washer and dryer, put it down, and she does it again. So no tree skirt until Christmas morning.
KitchenSix.jpg

LivingRoomOne.jpg

LivingRoomTwo.jpg

The red stocking inside this wreath was Rick's stocking when he was a little boy. He is now 69, so it's pretty old.
Wreath.jpg

And the CatGoyle, who lives on the wall above our basement door, has even gotten into the Christmas spirit.
CatGoyle.jpg

This stocking was Banshee's (AKA The Queen B) Christmas stocking. It's been 11 years and, every year when I hang her stocking, I still shed a few tears; I loved that girl so much.
BansheesStocking.jpg

And in the shed, the couch pillows have some holiday to them.
ShedSofaPillows.jpg

Last, but certainly not least! The Tacky White Tree of 2020! Which looks exactly like the TWT tree of past years. But it simply wouldn't be the holidays without my Tacky White Tree!
TWT2020.jpg

Thanks for looking!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are all improvising this year.. I think your 'tree' looks really cute...

You could try, one of the chain drug stores for decorations; although they all seem to be picked over... They do have some cute things.. or even Big Lots. I find so many things there. Or Home Depot, Costco, etc....
I went to the big Target store, too, not the useless teeny "City Target" store. I looked at CVS just after Thanksgiving and there wasn't much for ornaments either other than a few Hallmark-type ones. I'll try the supermarket tomorrow. I'll buy an ornament off Etsy if I don't find anything.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was trying to find some light blue ornaments for DD’s tree but they didn’t have anything. Walmart has stuff; just not light blue. Her tree already has pink, purple and silver.

I am almost done decorating. I want to make something for my wood stove. I’m thinking of stopping at the fabric store this week so they should have something.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , I love white trees! I think they're pretty. I've had a white one for the past 4? Years now? Since my colors are white, grays & teal's in my living room. 😊

Im so happy this thread is here. I put all of my stuff out last weekend. Being in a new place this year, I've loved decorating. Especially having a fireplace with a harth! 😊🎄
Heres what I did...
Then, since I have this great kitchen window, I decided to go get some things to decorate it, & I'm most proud of that. It really turned out great & I love it!!

Attachments

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had these, so put them up last night between my neighbors door & mine.😁
Might get something else for out there later.
Now one of the upstairs neighbors has put lights down the railing. I haven't seen it yet, but going to go check it out. It's nice, there's only 4 units per building.

Attachments

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Nothing to show here.Some greens on the door and mantle. The cats are already destroying the new fake tree, so when's that's gone, no more Christmas trees, which suits me just fine. I dislike Christmas anyway, and this past year makes me dislike it even more, and I have NO desire to celebrate it this year. My Father-In-Law is dying from a brain tumor. We don't know how much longer he has, but DH went to see him on Friday. They all went out to breakfast. FIL literally said not one word, then went right to bed when they got home. Our family Christmas get-together was scheduled for yesterday, but I cancelled it a couple of weeks ago, due to his health. No Christmas for DH and I this year. And, to keep up the Christmas tradition, my :censored: family won't be part of it--as they haven't since Christmas 15 years ago. They haven't spoken to me, nor had anything to do with me since then.

I got rid of 90% of my Christmas decorations the other day. Good riddance.

Despite how I feel, I always do charitible things for others, and did so even more this year. A lot more people are hurting financially this year. I've also used special packaging for my online store, and put little Christmas surprises in their bags.