Let's say "NO" to Vaseline

Gina51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do not agree with what you are saying for all vets recommend cat lax, the very 1st ingredient in catlax is 100% white vaseline, so what you say is not true. It is the additives if your vaseline is 100% white vaseline it is just as safe to give your cat as is cat lax....

Gina51

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Using references to benzene poisoning from gasoline, kerosene or other petroleum products is not relevant to a cat ingesting a small amount of Vaseline. Consider that warfarin, a rat poison, keeps hundreds of thousands of people alive in the form of Coumadin to prevent heart attacks. If you are going to make a point, make it a logical point and don't cite irrelevant references. It damages your credibility.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your input, Gina.
I understand that you disagree but to _also_ say what I and the previous members' posts have said is _false_ is a matter of your opinion.
Now, we each make decisions based on our own findings and if you feel it's safe to use this product-well- it's your cat's health that depends on your decisions.

I currently care for 16 cats and non of mine will receive a product with even a little petroleum in the ingredients.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just think it's amazing that you're still around to comment on this thread you started in 2009, gloria! Very cool. :)

Safe or not, I also don't put non-food items into my cats either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I just think it's amazing that you're still around to comment on this thread you started in 2009, gloria! Very cool. :)

Safe or not, I also don't put non-food items into my cats either.
I guess as long as you have cats this website is still the best for researching other caregivers' personal experiences.
I don't use petroleum products on myself after doing this research for fur balls. I've found some of my cats don't even know what a fur ball is -well almost- and others seem to leave presents after I've groomed them- go figure! I think when I groom I loosen fur and the cat ingests the leftovers. One or two of them, with medium fur lengths, I've just _about_ stopped the weekly grooming because of this problem??.
Thanks for the back-up on this subject-health isn't just a matter of Genes, it's environment, & trying to keep to Natural practices when possible.