Let's find some positives in all of this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our city closed our landfills to the public because there were too many visitors to keep social distancing. Because of this, they temporarily increased our curbside pick up to 4 bags!!! I've been slowly purging and doing spring cleaning. Getting ready for a yard sale and putting stuff aside for donations, but I do have a lot of junk that just needs to be tossed. So far, I've just been piling up all the junk I need to bring to the dump so I only have to do one trip. Now, I don't have to go. I'll just add some to my weekly pick up while it lasts...and won't have to pay tipping fees!!!! YAY!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a minor, local thing, but still a positive in my book. Normally, there's only one restaurant in town that delivers, but there are many more right now. People who may not have been able to experience their food can now. There was one restaurant in particular I had always wanted to try, but it's too far for me to walk. I had delivery from them the other day, and I will definitely have it again.

I hope these places see how much business they get from delivery and decide to keep doing it after all this is over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a minor, local thing, but still a positive in my book.
Minor, local positives are just as and sometimes even more important during crisis. It's finding joy in anything that can keep a positive outlook. When something impacts you directly, even if it may seem insignificant to others, it helps everyone in the end.
Small positives and HEALTHY means of instant gratification, is one of the ways we can all cope with this, which is why I wanted to start this thread.

I honestly hope that if we can take only one thing from this crisis, it is the ability to be gracious and appreciative of the little things. Because over time, that is what leads to bigger change.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ People are being more polite in public. It's amazing in a small way. Very unexpected. The website Next Door is full of offers to help the older folks with shopping, chores, etc. There are even toilet paper give outs ! :)🚽🧻
I think people are actually starting to miss each other . We will be ok ...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just heard a story on the news about a Minnesota State Trooper who pulled over a doctor for speeding. He noticed her used N95 mask in her bag. He let her off with a warning and gave her his supply of 50 new N95 masks. She was moved to tears when she posted about it on Facebook.

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prime Minister. He said something and welp in good old fashioned internet fun - someone went and made it into a song. I was in tears. Pricelessly funny. Although funny as it is - we can teach the little ones this song to help them to remember to "Keep two meters Apart".

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like people are more out to help each other now...Next Door..Restaurants.. Etc..I think this opened people's eyes a little wider

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It turns out that pandas don't have a low sex drive after all. They were just shy!

Hong Kong's pandas mate for first time in decade in privacy of coronavirus lockdown

Now that the zoo in Hong Kong doesn't have visitors the pandas have been feeling more romantic.

:redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:
I saw that too! It makes sense that they wanted privacy. Who could blame them? Lol Yay for Le Le and Ying ying! Perhaps a baby will be the result. Baby booms often come at times like this. Love blooms!
I had a nice surprise today. Someone I haven’t seen in years left a gift in my doorway. Toilet paper. :) I have no idea where she got it but it was very kind. I hope we can visit again in person later. Sometimes it’s just knowing that someone cares. I am making a point of thanking the employees of any place I absolutely have to go to. I am so appreciative of everyone who is out there helping us all. Those of you who are keeping our systems functioning, thank you!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up my guitar that has been sitting idle for about 10 years and am getting better at it.🎸.
And, hearing the howling around here at 8pm is heartwarming! But my cats don't like it. 🐺