Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-husband was a Marine and we were stationed in 29 Palms.  The very few times it did raid, it flooded EVERYTHING.  Once, it flooded so bad, all the roads to Yucca Valley were closed for 3 or 4 days.  I had the rent check all ready to take to the office, but I couldn't get there.  The morning the roads opened back up, there was a "Pay or Quit" notice on my front door.  Like, really?  What did they want me to do?  Swim?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I knew it was a big prize but was too lazy to look it up.   I got the last one thanks to @segelkatt passing it on since she had just one another contest on the site.  Thank You Segelkatt!  I love my new T-shirt. 

@Tallyollyopia   what will you do with the rest of your story?  Will I ever know what happens next?  Am I the only one hounding you
  What do you suppose the cat equivalent to 'hounding you' would be?  It just seems wrong to use a dog reference on TCS.
Here I thought I was really quiet about giving my prize to the next person since I had won the socks in the previous contest and here you go blabbing it all over the place!
Even the monitors were keeping it quiet., I didn't want a big fuss over it. You had already thanked me via PM, now I feel all bashful for doing a good deed.
I did not post anything in a while on purpose just in case lightning would strike three times.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

You win the mega prize bundle for making post #5,000 in this thread:

A TCS teeshirt  + tote bag + a $100 Amazon gift card!

Congratulations and thank you and everyone else for babbling along for so long! 

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You win the mega prize bundle for making post #5,000 in this thread:

A TCS teeshirt  + tote bag + a $100 Amazon gift card!

Congratulations and thank you and everyone else for babbling along for so long! 
Thank you so much!  This is really super exciting!  I'm practically bouncing with excitement!!!  :)  Connor and Murphy would be, too, if they knew they were getting stuff out of this.  But they're sleeping.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! 

At least one?  I WISH.  I have one decent person for every 6 buttholes/idiots.  And then, "I said 100% satisfied, wouldn't you say that's completely?"  Well, sure, but I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE YOUR ANSWER UNLESS YOU SAY THE ACTUAL WORDS!!!  I'm not trying to be difficult.  I just would rather NOT get fired.  Thanks.

Anyway, we ran out of numbers so I'm done for the night.  Whoo-hoo!!!
I can understand that, and congrats for running out of numbers! (And congrats on the prize, as stated above!)

@Tallyollyopia

I work at a restaurant and like most restaurants in town, we close early on sundays (8pm). Every sunday when I close, I will lock the doors at 8 (or after the last customer leaves) and continue my closing work. Every time I get at least one idiot knocking on the door asking if we are open.

As if the doors being locked wasn't enough of a clue, you can also see inside the restaurant and you can see the chairs up on top of the tables. AND there is a freaking sign on BOTH of our doors that clearly states our business hours.

And still, people wanna come up and ask "Are you guys open?" When CLEARLY we arent!!!
And then people get upset with you because they couldn't (or wouldn't) read the signs. 

I'm nervous about my trip tomorrow. Hopefully the car ride with my boyfriend's mom won't be too bad. I'm still packing. It always takes me forever to pack for a trip because I always get distracted and start doing other things.
Sounds like you pack the same way I do! 
 Good vibes for your trip! 

I knew it was a big prize but was too lazy to look it up.   I got the last one thanks to @segelkatt passing it on since she had just one another contest on the site.  Thank You Segelkatt!  I love my new T-shirt. 

@Tallyollyopia   what will you do with the rest of your story?  Will I ever know what happens next?  Am I the only one hounding you
  What do you suppose the cat equivalent to 'hounding you' would be?  It just seems wrong to use a dog reference on TCS.
Well, if you like, I'll try to keep you updated via PM. 

Cat equivalent of hounding + KNEADling.  Get it?  Cuz needling?  Yes, I'm a dork.  I'm totally fine with that.
I love it! 

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations Alicia88 and well done Babblers! 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here I thought I was really quiet about giving my prize to the next person since I had won the socks in the previous contest and here you go blabbing it all over the place!
Even the monitors were keeping it quiet., I didn't want a big fuss over it. You had already thanked me via PM, now I feel all bashful for doing a good deed.
I did not post anything in a while on purpose just in case lightning would strike three times.
I saw that you had mentioned it somewhere so thought it was ok to post about it.  Good deeds need to be acknowledged!  All the bad things that happen to people get posted.  We need to hear the good things too.

I thought El Nino was a once in a while event.  I only remember hearing about it once on the East coast because it meant less hurricanes that year.  I did enjoy all the rain last winter.  I would love to have that much rain again.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The world is so full of ugliness right now that everyone needs to see things like this. Don't feel bashful. You are a sweetheart for sharing like that. Most of us already knew that you are. Now the newbies do too. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Congratulations @Alicia88    brilliant news at being the big babble winner.  
    Hope you have some serious fun selecting your t shirt and tote, and find some brilliant things on Amazon.

@Anne  ,  great prizes.  

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, if you like, I'll try to keep you updated via PM. 
Yes please, you can PM me at Handsome Kitty 

I have an interview with the local grocery store for a job on Tuesday!  I'm pretty excited.  No idea how much they pay but I'm a good worker and will pick up as many hours as I can.  I have been looking for a job for months and the only people to contact me are insurance companies looking for agents.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the congratulations!!!

I got called off work today so I have plenty of time to search for kitty presents.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm thrilled about not having to work today but I'm going to be much less thrilled when I get my next paycheck.  Oh well.  Might as well enjoy each day as it comes.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF!  70 posts in a day again?  The kids are back in school!

Well, TD8 fizzled,  We got just a little rain.  However, TD9 threw a hissyfit and became Hurricane Hermine.  What kind of name is that?  A take-off on Hermione?  AND, she's headed our way, by way of central Florida.  By the time it moves out, late Saturday night, they're thinking we may get as much as 12 inches of rain.  The winds will only be 35-40 MPH, so no big deal there, but, my Darlings, my entire neighborhood is built on "reclaimed" swampland.  We could be hip-deep by Saturday night.  I am, just now, thanking all the powers that be that I have NOT yet been moved downstairs.  I may lose power. 

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to avoid going outside today.  Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to until my boyfriend told me I probably shouldn't and now I feel like a prisoner.  They demolished the building next door to us and used a blower thing to cover the whole site with straw.  Which means the second I step outside, my allergies will go haywire.  I'm talking sneezing; itchy, stuffy, runny nose; red, itchy, watery eyes.  Which is an equation for poor misery.  I told him he shouldn't have warned me not to go outside because if he hadn't, I wouldn't have had any desire to!  I'm the obstinate sort.  But, I don't have anywhere I need to go today and I quit smoking so I don't need to go outside for that.  I've gone like 4 or 5 days without a cigarette now?  Something like that.  I hope the boyfriend will quit soon.  He's been smoking less since we got the kittens because I banned smoking inside.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited!  Mail just arrived and I got the earrings I ordered from Meowingtons.  I have SUPER sensitive ears and I can't wear anything in them but gold.  And Meowingtons was having a big sale so I got 2 pairs of white gold coated earrings for around $11 - counting shipping.  I adore them!  They're so cute!!!

Actually, it's not just my ears I have a problem with.  I have really sensitive skin everywhere.  I can wear other jewelry that isn't made of gold if I coat the back of it with clear nail polish, but I don't think I can do that with earrings.

Last edited:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for all the congratulations!!!

I got called off work today so I have plenty of time to search for kitty presents.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm thrilled about not having to work today but I'm going to be much less thrilled when I get my next paycheck.  Oh well.  Might as well enjoy each day as it comes.
Scratching post, toys, cat caves...

I have to avoid going outside today.  Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to until my boyfriend told me I probably shouldn't and now I feel like a prisoner.  They demolished the building next door to us and used a blower thing to cover the whole site with straw.  Which means the second I step outside, my allergies will go haywire.  I'm talking sneezing; itchy, stuffy, runny nose; red, itchy, watery eyes.  Which is an equation for poor misery.  I told him he shouldn't have warned me not to go outside because if he hadn't, I wouldn't have had any desire to!  I'm the obstinate sort.  But, I don't have anywhere I need to go today and I quit smoking so I don't need to go outside for that.  I've gone like 4 or 5 days without a cigarette now?  Something like that.  I hope the boyfriend will quit soon.  He's been smoking less since we got the kittens because I banned smoking inside.
Good for you! 

I'm so excited!  Mail just arrived and I got the earrings I ordered from Meowingtons.  I have SUPER sensitive ears and I can't wear in them but gold.  And Meowingtons was having a big sale so I got 2 pairs of white gold coated earrings for around $11 - counting shipping.  I adore them!  They're so cute!!!

Actually, it's not just my ears I have a problem with.  I have really sensitive skin everywhere.  I can wear other jewelry that isn't made of gold if I coat the back of it with clear nail polish, but I don't think I can do that with earrings.
I've never heard of them. Are they for people with metal allergies, or is it just easier to find certain types of metal on their site?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited!  Mail just arrived and I got the earrings I ordered from Meowingtons.  I have SUPER sensitive ears and I can't wear in them but gold.  And Meowingtons was having a big sale so I got 2 pairs of white gold coated earrings for around $11 - counting shipping.  I adore them!  They're so cute!!!

Scratching post, toys, cat caves...

Good for you! 

I've never heard of them. Are they for people with metal allergies, or is it just easier to find certain types of metal on their site?
I think it's just easier to find certain types of metal.  They had another really cute pair, but they were sterling silver and I can't wear them.  I've fallen in love with the site.  Haha.  I was a little concerned about them because they were so cheap, but I've been wearing them for about 20 minutes and no issues.  When I wear other types of metal, my ears get hot and red and swell up within a minute.

They have a big 3 tier scratching post and they adore it.  I think they would probably like a cat cave.  I'm just not sure where I'd put it.  We're a little short on room.  Haha

And I've been slowly quitting for the past few months.  I was down to 2 cigarettes a day for a couple of weeks then I just straight up dropped them.  John has been planning to quit but we decided it was probably best for our relationship if we quit at separate times.  It would be hard to date him if I murdered him.

https://www.meowingtons.com/collections/accessories/products/fancy-cat-earrings

https://www.meowingtons.com/collections/accessories/products/diamond-cat-earrings

Those are the two pair I bought.  They're just as cute in person!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those diamond cat earrings are also available at The Tiniest Tiger!  I'm wearing them right now and have been ever since they arrived.  Stylish and perfect size "bling" without being overdone.  I'm allergic to nickel, so have to make sure my jewelry is nickel-free; even some "real" gold and silver jewelry contains it! 

Status
Not open for further replies.