Lethargic

Mimile

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat is 5 months and is very very small for his age. Hasn’t grown since 2 months. He was born with slightly flat ribs and his lower end is flat which made him not walk when he was little but I trained him to walk and he can walk now. He started to sleep constantly and barely keep himself awake. He eats fine but isn’t drinking water unless I put his hard food into his water. His fur has gotten raggity and looks like dandruff filled in his fur. He can barely stand up yet alone walk. He wobbled and falls to only his right side. Checked his legs nothing is wrong. His hind legs are weak. He will fall face into the ground and slowly fall over. His 3rd eyelid has been showing a lot. He will lean on food bowl to keep himself up to eat. He won’t use his tongue and never has b4 that’s why I put food and his water in the same bowl. His ears are cold even if I warm them up. Hind legs seem to be going inactive like when he was first born

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Your cat needs to go to the vet right away. He sounds like he was born with Flat Chested Kitten Syndrome. Kittens who have problems with walking as you describe are often called Swimmer's Kittens but this is related to the Flat Chested Kitten Syndrome. Here is an article on the syndrome that will give you some information: Flat Chested Kitten (fck) I'm very sorry that he is so sick - it sounds like you have been taking good care of the little guy but he really does need to see a vet now. He needs to be evaluated and treatment options considered ASAP.