Lethargic Kitten Won't Eat Or Drink Water Can Barely Walk.

Anna Jackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good day everyone.

I'e been taking care of some kittens, 2 five months and 2 four months. One Sunday I noticed one of my kittens wasn' really eating and by Monday morning she was barely able to walk. She seemed to be dragging herself, particularly her hind legs, as she made her way to the litter box.

So Monday morning I took her to the vet, who examined her, suspected maybe she had been lashed or contacted some sort of disease while she was outside as she's only had two shots. The vet gave her four shots that day. 1. Deformed, 2. Antibiotic, 3. Vitamin B12, and 4. Pain Killer as well as a shot of SQ fluids. She was send home with some Moxiclav to be given twice a day. By the time she reached home she slept of r a bit, got up and seemed to almost be back to her old self. By the next day she was fully recovered.

However, by the next day two other kittens seemed to be refusing to eat and by the night the were dragging themselves very similar to my other kitty the night before.
The next morning I tool my remaining three kittens to the vet. They were checked and a blood test was ran and it was determined that nothing was wrong with them that they could tell. We still gave them a Dewormer and a shot of b12 and I brought them home. One kitten is still not eating on her own and the other are eating very little. I' forced to feed them, for the second night in a row, 5ml of coconut water every our.

At this point I'm very exhausted and have no idea what can be causing their refusal of eating. The vet suggested maybe they needed a change in food and I've bought different types of food I don' typically feed them but still no luck.

They're on a diet of friskies, dried food to free feed and three meals of friskies canned food a day. I'e tried giving them grain free kibble before but they just left it out and that is why I am giving them the friskies, so yes I know it's not the best but it' what they would eat.

If anyone have any idea or any experience with a similar case please help. I feeling frustrated, I have a house filled with sick kittens and I don't know what to do. As for changes in environment the only thing I can think of is my frind gave me a new cat tree and I recently received a shipment and they were playing in the box. My friend also gave me some Kirkland cat food and one of my sick kittens is eating a little bit of that. Only thing I am getting him to nibble on. Someone please help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anna Jackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The shot was a Dewormer not "Deformed"

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my opinion it is a form of virus infection. The clue is that it spread from one kitten to the other two.
They should be grown enough to have a PCR test and find what's going on.