Lethargic cat

Nikkic50

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. My 7 year old girl has been lethargic for a few days so i took her to the vets on friday and she had a temp of 40c. Gave her a shot to bring temp down and checked her over. No sign of anything else. Shes eating pretty well and drinking and using tray. Im giving her Metacam daily until tomorrow but shes still not great. Shes lying flat out alot and not interested in much. Im taking her back to the vets tomorrow but im so worried about her x

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats get this way, especially after vaccinations. She must not be feeling well, her temp is 104 and normal is approx. 100-102.5F. The antibiotic takes a few days to bring about any changes, but you should see something by Monday. It may be a virus, then the antibiotic won't work. The Metacam should be helping with whatever it is since it is a NSAID. If no improvement at all by tomorrow I would take her back. If there is a slight improvement call the vet and see what they suggest. As long as she is eating, drinking, and using the litterbox, she is doing as well as you can expect, are her feces hard and small or do they seem normal? A cat can get lethargic if they are constipated. She may have ate something that is disagreeing with her or has one of the many viruses cats can get, especially if they go outdoors. Please keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nikkic50

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took my cat to the emergency vets and they found a tumour on her spleen. They are operating to see if it can be removed. If not then she will have to be put to sleep. Im am utterly devastated 😢😢

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know people can live without a spleen. Can cats? I hope your baby will be ok. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nikkic50

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I very sadly lost her. The tumour was in her intestine. Im broken 💔