Let See Some Beautiful Fur Coats!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We havent even had our first snow flurry, but Greg is geting ready for winter.
In the fall I look forward to the changes of the colors of the leaves....and Greg's winter coat.

Show us your cat's beautiful fur. Lets see the colors, the plushness, the softness, fluffiness.
20181023_095556-1.jpg
20181023_095426.jpg
20181023_095338.jpg
20181023_095411.jpg

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whilst I'm finding some pics, is this winter coat thing to do with temperature or is it a biological clock thing? If they're always indoors with a constant temperature all year will the floofiness change or stay consistent?
Edit: Mine seem to stay the same regardless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whilst I'm finding some pics, is this winter coat thing to do with temperature or is it a biological clock thing? If they're always indoors with a constant temperature all year will the floofiness change or stay consistent?
My guess is if theybare indoors witha constant temp, their coats will still thicken in the winter....just not as much.

It is still above freezing here and the boys fur has already started to thicken.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Purr-fect Purr-fect I must say that Greg's coat is outstandingly floofy and beautiful. Is Arnold's the same at the moment?
Arnolds fur is thickening. He doesnt get the great mane, huge neck ruff and britches as Greg does. But Arnold literally grows a fur coat on top of his existing coat. He looks like a cat with a fur coat draped over his back and down his sides. Its very distinctive. Once it grows in I will try to remember to post some pics here of it.

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20171230_234454.jpg

Juniper may be the least floofy cat I've ever met (which is actually great b/c my husband is allergic) but her coat is beautifully luminous, which you can see a tiny bit in this picture.

All this to say....it's not always about size, folks. :)

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 258676

Juniper may be the least floofy cat I've ever met (which is actually great b/c my husband is allergic) but her coat is beautifully luminous, which you can see a tiny bit in this picture.

All this to say....it's not always about size, folks. :)
Looks a bit like the shimmering color of a russian blue.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

my experience is that it's weather related. when they are given a lot of outdoor access and chill factor the coats grow in. when indoors in constant temp it's always summer coat.

our cats have a catio now but the temperatures have just started getting just a fraction chillier here so no winter coats as of yet. and poor drommie is rag tag anyway because we had her spot shaved for mats. lol. she looks punk rock