Let me Introduce Myself..

silverstartbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm SilverstarTBS! I found this website when my cat got lost one day at my grandparents. We found her in their basement (after a few hours), and I was going to join this site but I forgot. Today, I remembered about this place and now here I am!

I'm a teenager from Pennsylvania, and I own one cat, named Baby. We have two family dogs name Sophie and Sweetie. I love stuffed animals, writing, drawing, my cat, wolves, and notebooks. I also enjoy taking pictures, and I love sharing them! My favorite things to take pictures of are my cat and nature.

Now to introduce my cat. Baby is a female short-hair tortoiseshell who I adopted on March 18th of this year (2016). My mom was taking our dogs to get groomed, and I wanted to go along. The lady who grooms the dogs usually has a cat or two at her place for adoption. I saw Baby in her crate, and she kept putting her paw through the cage bars and giving me a high five. My mom came over and kept gushing over how pretty she was. We got her out of her crate and she seemed to do fine with the dogs, as they were running all over the place. On the way home, my mom said that I could probably convince my dad to let me get her. I was able to, and the next day, we brought Baby home!

She's up on my bed with me right now, I have a picture! :D

I caught her at a bad moment apparently, her little tongue is sticking out! :p

We don't know exactly how old she is, but from what the vet says, her birthday is today (the 10th)! She's approximately one year old. I can't wait to share more pictures and stories about my fur-baby.

Thank you for reading, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  
  Baby is really a gorgeous girl  and sure to be popular among the many members here who love torties.   The picture with her tongue out is adorable - a lot of us are actually trying to get a picture like that so don't worry about it being unflattering.  It's actually very cute.  I love the story of how Baby came into your life.  It sounds like she knew you were supposed to be her human, right from the start.  This site is such a great source of information and support so take some time to explore it.  i think you'll find the people are very friendly as well.  Hope to see you around the forums!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silverstartbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Welcome to TCS!  
  Baby is really a gorgeous girl  and sure to be popular among the many members here who love torties.   The picture with her tongue out is adorable - a lot of us are actually trying to get a picture like that so don't worry about it being unflattering.  It's actually very cute.  I love the story of how Baby came into your life.  It sounds like she knew you were supposed to be her human, right from the start.  This site is such a great source of information and support so take some time to explore it.  i think you'll find the people are very friendly as well.  Hope to see you around the forums!  
Thank you! If she wasn't a tortoiseshell, I might not have been able to get her, as her looks were the reason my mom actually considered adopting her in the first place. I'm glad the picture looks good, that was the only one where she was looking at the camera!

If I wouldn't have gone with my mom that day, I never would have gotten her D: Also, I would have cried if I had to leave here without being able to adopt her (I remember I teared up a bit before my mom came and saw her cause I thought I would have to leave her). You just don't give a cat high fives and then leave

Thank you so much for the kind welcome, I'll poke around some more to see how everything works!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to the site. Baby is beautiful.  How does she get along with Sophie and Sweetie?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silverstartbs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Welcome to the site. Baby is beautiful.  How does she get along with Sophie and Sweetie?
Thank you!

At first, not very well. Sophie is older, and as soon as the cat realized that she was NOT to be messed with, they became okay with each other. Sweetie on the other hand, doesn't get along well with the cat. They can sit together at the sliding glass door and be fine, but sometimes the cat causes trouble and takes a (clawless) swat at Sweetie. If Sweetie's feeling bold, she'll chase the cat if Baby tries to start a fight. They've never hurt each other though, and Baby's starting to realize that Sweetie can stand up for herself. She's all bark and no bite though, so Baby is safe.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Thank you!

At first, not very well. Sophie is older, and as soon as the cat realized that she was NOT to be messed with, they became okay with each other. Sweetie on the other hand, doesn't get along well with the cat. They can sit together at the sliding glass door and be fine, but sometimes the cat causes trouble and takes a (clawless) swat at Sweetie. If Sweetie's feeling bold, she'll chase the cat if Baby tries to start a fight. They've never hurt each other though, and Baby's starting to realize that Sweetie can stand up for herself. She's all bark and no bite though, so Baby is safe.
Hopefully someday they'll all be best buddies.