Leon

Sammywoody

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where to begin…
My baby Leon crossed over on 18.02.22
I found this forum through my grief and so glad I can put this into words somewhere.
My boy was 10, my soul mate, healthy never been sick before beautiful boy.
Randomly he started being sick one morning we called the vet and he picked up 15 mins before we left. We got him there he was checked over and seemed fine. Maybe a hair ball. Bring him back if he’s sick again.
By Thursday he’d been sick once more so a tablet was given to move his bowel along.
By Saturday he was himself eating, purring, playing.
Sunday sick again this time every other hour. Not eating.
Monday back to the vet lethargic, I’m worried could he have pancreatitis. Different vet thinks it might be or liver problems. He’s lying there strange (he had a red warning on his file Leon didn’t like vets)
We need bloods done. Anti sickness jab given. We call for bloods nothing showing up, white bloods cells a little high. Synulox prescribed.
He’s not eaten since Sunday and we can’t give him pills without food.
Back to Vet on Tuesday different vet. I’m crying asked if I’m ok. No this is bad he’s not getting better, not eating, is this normal? Well cats get sick. Here’s some soup, a syringe, a gadget to dispense tablets, a jab to make him hungry.
Tues - Thurs I’m trying to give his tablets, syringing soup he looks terrible no energy no purring my boy isn’t right. I’m stressed.
Thursday eve enough is enough we race him to emergency hospital at 10pm. More bloods, ultrasound and the vet is heartbroken for us. 3:45 am he tells us he has pancreatitis, anaemia, anorexia from not eating enough, he’s in so much pain even with pain relief. It’s not good. The kindest thing to do is let him go in peace. He’s wheeled out to say good bye. My sweet sweet beautiful boy. How can this be? The hospital were supposed to be able to help. I’m beyond grief. I hug him tell him how thankful I am to have spent 10 years with this beautiful soul. I kiss him good bye. He goes to sleep.

Leon my best friend, soul mate, my everything. I can’t believe it. The house is dark and empty and I cry daily, multiple times. How can this hurt so much. How can he be gone, so traumatically, so unexpectedly.
I genuinely don’t know how I will get through this but so grateful to have found this forum.
My little stinky boy you will forever be imprinted on my soul. Mummy loves you and will miss our cosy snuggles.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is broken, I can feel your pain. We can empathize here at this site, we have stood, broken, in your very shoes. We come to this site to give hope, to let you know there is life after a tragic death like this. But it takes time, a lot of time.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. The bond of love you formed with your sweet Leon is unbreakable. It is a part of your very soul and can never be taken from you. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He lives on through you now and wishes for nothing else but for you to go forward into the future and live once again. Just as you would have wanted for him if you were the first to go. It is hard, it takes a tremendous amount of strength. You can gain that strength by asking him for help, to send his blessings for you to move forward and to live and love again.
His love will always reside in your heart, secure and safe. any new loves will be welcomed by him, to reside beside his, and to help his love grow even bigger, even stronger.
You have 10 years of beautiful memories to cherish, use them to bring yourself comfort. Try not to dwell on his end, and all those could haves should-haves that always come with grief, his happy memories are so much more plentiful and precious. Keep busy to keep the grief at bay, it will always be there. Do something to help you feel better about yourself, like a small donation to your local shelter, and do it in Leon's name.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I know how alone, how broken you feel right now. To learn to overcome grief is a monumental task. it is something you never get over, you learn to live with it, to forge a new life's order. i promise it will get better, we are here to give testimony to that. somehow you muddle through each day. One day at a time....RIP dear Leon. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Leon was a beautiful boy, and I am sure he crossed the bridge with a smile in his heart for you had given him the love and care for 10 magnificent years.

Hang in there. May the memories you had with him comfort you in these hurting times.

we are here for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sammywoody

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My heart is broken, I can feel your pain. We can empathize here at this site, we have stood, broken, in your very shoes. We come to this site to give hope, to let you know there is life after a tragic death like this. But it takes time, a lot of time.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. The bond of love you formed with your sweet Leon is unbreakable. It is a part of your very soul and can never be taken from you. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. He lives on through you now and wishes for nothing else but for you to go forward into the future and live once again. Just as you would have wanted for him if you were the first to go. It is hard, it takes a tremendous amount of strength. You can gain that strength by asking him for help, to send his blessings for you to move forward and to live and love again.
His love will always reside in your heart, secure and safe. any new loves will be welcomed by him, to reside beside his, and to help his love grow even bigger, even stronger.
You have 10 years of beautiful memories to cherish, use them to bring yourself comfort. Try not to dwell on his end, and all those could haves should-haves that always come with grief, his happy memories are so much more plentiful and precious. Keep busy to keep the grief at bay, it will always be there. Do something to help you feel better about yourself, like a small donation to your local shelter, and do it in Leon's name.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I know how alone, how broken you feel right now. To learn to overcome grief is a monumental task. it is something you never get over, you learn to live with it, to forge a new life's order. i promise it will get better, we are here to give testimony to that. somehow you muddle through each day. One day at a time....RIP dear Leon. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you so so much for the kind words. I noticed you giving strength to so many people on this site and I am grateful for you taking the time to help me find mine.
He was the love of my life, my first ever pet outside my childhood home. He truly was remarkable and I thank my lucky stars he was part of my life. He taught me so much. My heart aches and some days I wake from the little slumber I get and hope it was a terrible nightmare but alas it is very very real.
I hope one day I may find the strength to move on and love another again. Right now it’s too raw. As hard as it was we donated his food, litter and the many bags of treats bought for him by family at Christmas he didn’t get the chance to eat to a local shelter. It was the least we could do to try help another who may need it. The rest of his things are in a special box to treasure and fortunately I have hundreds upon hundreds of videos and photographs of my sweet boy. I will never forget him for as long as I shall live.

Sammywoody

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Leon was a beautiful boy, and I am sure he crossed the bridge with a smile in his heart for you had given him the love and care for 10 magnificent years.

Hang in there. May the memories you had with him comfort you in these hurting times.

we are here for you.
Thank you for your kind words. They really were 10 of the best years of my life. You are all lovely people and I’m so lucky to have found a place where people truly understand.
I know it’s a long road ahead to fully accepting what’s happened. The what ifs and if onlys are hard to bypass right now but I know in time this will get easier.

+Jeffrey+

Lady G. & Kobe (Gone But Not Forgotten!)
Young Cat
Purraise
Leon is such a handsome boy! So sorry for your loss, and I do feel your pain. And yes, the pain lessens with time. One day those tears will turn into big smiles when thinking of your sweet Leon. Besides, Leon wouldn't won't you to be sad for too long.

Best wishes to you in the days ahead! You hang in there!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous boy Leon was!

I am so sorry for your loss - I doubt there is a single one of us here who hasn't at some point been in that situation of crying while the vet says there is nothing more they can do, how I wish they all lived in good health til they were ancient and then passed softly purring in their favourite spot at home! Or lived as long as us so we could share our whole lives together.

You did everything you could for him, sometimes blood tests only show inconclusive results or as you say, something like white count a little high, but nothing to indicate what is wrong before it is too late - all so familiar.

I too am grieving at the moment and I feel for you and your loss. One thing I do know, is that every wonderful warm loving minute I spent with my boy was worth the pain I am in now - I wouldn't have wanted to avoid the (at some point inevitable, sadly) heartbreak I currently feel by not having had him in my life.

You never forget and you never stop missing them, but the pain does become less acute over time - you'll at some point be able to think of happy memories with a smile about how much joy he brought to your life.

Much love to you.

Sammywoody

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you
What a gorgeous boy Leon was!

I am so sorry for your loss - I doubt there is a single one of us here who hasn't at some point been in that situation of crying while the vet says there is nothing more they can do, how I wish they all lived in good health til they were ancient and then passed softly purring in their favourite spot at home! Or lived as long as us so we could share our whole lives together.

You did everything you could for him, sometimes blood tests only show inconclusive results or as you say, something like white count a little high, but nothing to indicate what is wrong before it is too late - all so familiar.

I too am grieving at the moment and I feel for you and your loss. One thing I do know, is that every wonderful warm loving minute I spent with my boy was worth the pain I am in now - I wouldn't have wanted to avoid the (at some point inevitable, sadly) heartbreak I currently feel by not having had him in my life.

You never forget and you never stop missing them, but the pain does become less acute over time - you'll at some point be able to think of happy memories with a smile about how much joy he brought to your life.

Much love to you.
Thank you so much and so sorry for your loss too.
I keep seeing the quote “it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” I truly believe this was written for the love of animals.
He was a ray of light and made me laugh I know once the tears start to subside the happy memories will shine through.
Much love to you x

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Leon, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your mama's heart forever.

I say these words over and over again, but they really are the deepest Truth I know...that love does not die, it is translated and purified into Love and continues on. From his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Leon blesses you for every day of your lives together, and he sends his Love back to you to walk beside you down through all of your days, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.