Lemon and Mochi Updates

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, we recently adopted two kittens, Lemon and Mochi. I’m gonna put updates about them here.

Also off topic, my best buddy Cupid went missing in September, if you have any suggestions on how we can bring him home, please post here: My outdoor cat is still in my neighborhood but won’t come home. Please help.

They’re not biologically brothers, so at first they weren’t to happy with each other. Now they’re warming up. Have this blessed image. That’s all there really is right now.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here’s an update for you guys.

We’ve had Lemon and Mochi for one week and they’ve been doing just fine. They’ve grown close to each other and they’ve been playing and sleeping together. So I’d say pretty good stuff.

However, there are still some areas where we need to work. Mochi has been missing his mama as of late, and he’s been sucking on a blanket to emulate the feeling of sucking his Mom’s nipple. We’re not looking to stop this, but rather break the habit. I understand missing someone, I’ve been so lost since Cupid went missing, so I know how it feels.

Lemon knew that he’s been feeling sad, and he’s been licking him when he’s been sucking on a blanket. It’s so cute.

That’s really all for now.

Attachments

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lemon and Mochi are doing great. Take a look at these cute pictures.

Attachments

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still some areas to work on though. We’ve generally been keeping them on the 1st floor. They do go upstairs but they’re usually downstairs.

Lemon has generally been doing just fine. He’s very alert and not to insult him or anything, but paranoid. Basically sleeps with one eye open, moves sleeping spots every so often, you get the idea. Mochi however, is having a rougher time.

As I said earlier, he misses his Mom so he’s been sucking on a blanket. We’ve been letting him do it. It’s about twice a day. Whatever makes him feel better. He’s been peeing in the tub in the 1st floor bathroom. Really all I can think of is that scene from the Jimmy Neutron movie where Sheen says “I’m peeing! In the shower!” and is actually doing just that. We’re gonna try keeping the door closed to prevent it.

But yeah, that’s it.

CyberAlexMM

Cupid’s Best Bud
Adult Cat
Purraise
So it’s safe to say now that Mochi has been having some bathroom issues.

After I woke up this morning, I left the door to my bedroom open. I came in later to find my bed soaked. I think it was Mochi, nothing against him ofc. So it’s not just the bathrooms anymore, it’s pretty much everywhere.

What I personally think is going on is between him sucking on the blanket and this, I think Mochi misses how things used to be for him and is trying to remake it. But as we all know, you really can’t remake the past. He’s gonna have to adapt, and we’ll help him.

Lemon on the other hand has been doing just fine on all fronts. No bathroom accidents of any kind. He was in a foster home for a while, so he’s well accustomed to litter boxes. I don’t know what Mochi’s situation was, but based on his recent behavior, I think he was found in a forest by the shelter or something, which funny enough, is what happened with Cupid.

We haven’t had to deal with a situation like this in a long time. Cupid had no accidents in the 6 years he was here up until he disappeared. The last time we had to do this was with Pompey, who was an old man, so accidents were common.

This is gonna be interesting.

EmmaWilliam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, we recently adopted two kittens, Lemon and Mochi. I’m gonna put updates about them here.

Also off topic, my best buddy Cupid went missing in September, if you have any suggestions on how we can bring him home, please post here: My outdoor cat is still in my neighborhood but won’t come home. Please help.

They’re not biologically brothers, so at first they weren’t to happy with each other. Now they’re warming up. Have this blessed image. That’s all there really is right now.
My heart is melting with this cuteness!