Legitimate Feral Cat Charity

sandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every year my hubby and I decide to make a donation to a charity of some sort. I was just wondering if any of you know of a Feral Cat charity that is legit. I hate to donate to a place I don't know anything about as you later find out the money isn't going where you originally thought. Since we've been "lucky" enough to take in a feral cat and she's become somewhat loving already, we thought we'd like to help a fund for ferals this year. Time is drawing near for the end of the year, so I thought I'd check with you guys, verses doing time-consuming research so late in the game.

Thanks in advance,
Sandi

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I can vouch for the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon. They have the only mobile spay and neuter clinic that services all area of the state and they only do ferals, not socialized ferals, or domestics, just the wild colonies.

here is the link

FCCO

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know of several here, but they're doing so little so slowly. They've done what they can to help us, but they've just got such a small network.

I don't know what Alley Cat Allies does to help ferals directly, but they promote and provide information and resources for those interested in practicing TNR (Trap-Neuter-Release)

alleycat.org

meezer_mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What about donating to a low-cost spay/neuter clinic? The one I volunteer for is always struggling...and they do an awful lot for the feral cat community.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually Sandi, I know a charity that needs all the help it can get right now. They are preparing for the actuality of war. Here is a link- the page is under construction and will be finished by tomorrow (I hope) But the buttons to donate work.CWSI

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! I'll let you know what we decide.