Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease - Just Diagnosed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OopsyDaisy OopsyDaisy aww i wish that my cats would hug me like that ...stardust is always at my side wheather im online or sleeping
He has always been very affectionate like that. Doesn't just put the paw up but holds on. Seems like he's stepped it up a notch since the surgery too.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:Everyone!

I've been sick with a head/chest cold and haven't felt much up to posting. 🤒

Just wanted to let you know that Ash is doing fine. Here are a couple of videos of him being a little brat and hassling my daughter's dog Dahlia.

Ash Annoying Dahlia

Ash Annoying Dahlia 2

😂

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to hear from you! Take care so that you are well for Christmas. Ash looks wonderful and certainly up to doing a good cleaning of the pup's ear.
Thank you. Trying to take it easy. Yes, he's doing very well. No more meds and getting around fine. Hops up the stairs like a rabbit and has started to run a little when playing with Lulu but he's not attempting anything more than he can handle. Smart little boy! Poor D dog, she's so very patient. 😂:catlove:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here we go again my cat-loving friends...my fear about this genetic disease have come true. Lulu is now on crate rest until FHO surgery can be arranged for her after the holidays. :confused: I can't believe this is happening, however, I had a funny feeling that it might.

On Thursday evening, Lulu jumped up onto the counter to get her supper, missed the jump and ran off under the bed in pain. I took her to the vet yesterday and the X-ray showed that she has a broken femoral head on her right leg. They can't see the disease on the X-ray but judging by the amount of trauma caused from such a small fall, they think it is very possible that her bones are also weakened.

While Ash is recovering nicely, I have to get ready for round two with Lulu. Ash had both hips done but Lulu only needs surgery on the right side...for now...and they tell me it will be easier. Most likely we will have the same surgeon. Thank God for the amazing folks at the shelter who are willing to help out again with the expense. Let's hope I've learned some good tips with Ash that I can apply to Lulu. Merry Christmas to me! :headshake:

Lulu on strict crate rest:

20221223_183335.jpg 20221223_190103.jpg 20221223_181737.jpg 20221223_182724.jpg

Last edited:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry this has happened again. When it rains, it pours. Love to Lulu.
It sure does. I'm glad that I didn't put the crate away. My son was supposed to do it and has been procrastinating. Turns out that I'm still going to need it for a while. Lulu thanks you for the love. :hugs: