Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease - Just Diagnosed.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He is adorable and he knows that you are his mom and helped him with that problem he was having. He is probably very bonded to you. The loss of the fur might feel differently to him and even with your warm house, it still might feel odd. Some friends of mine out here had a schnauzer who had to be shaved for a procedure and they needed to get a onesie for him as he was very uncomfortable..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he seem to be moving around ok now? I was thinking, if he's feeling cold/being chilly, that could be causing him to be a little stiffer, but along with that you said he was eating a little less.

Do you have a way to safely take his temperature? That could be an indicator if there's more going on.
He ate well this morning. Almost finished the bowl. He's moving around pretty good. He can go up and down my stairs now and he did run a little the other night after a toy. Just a little though, he seems to know what he is capable of. I almost didn't give the Gabapentin today but then decided I should maybe at least go the four weeks. Still haven't texted the vet. I'm not overly worried about him. He is a very affectionate cat so he might just be enjoying all the cuddles. He has definitely taken to my son's bed though. Goes up and down the little steps that I made for him with stacked towels and gets all cozy under that duvet. Seems happy enough. I don't have a thermometer, no. I'll try and post another video later.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is adorable and he knows that you are his mom and helped him with that problem he was having. He is probably very bonded to you. The loss of the fur might feel differently to him and even with your warm house, it still might feel odd. Some friends of mine out here had a schnauzer who had to be shaved for a procedure and they needed to get a onesie for him as he was very uncomfortable..
I've never had such a strong bond before with any of my cats. He is so different. He reaches up so high with his paw and grips me, tries to hug me, if that makes sense. So much love he gives. I was going to ask you guys if they just "know" instinctively, that you've helped them. I've heard people say that about adopted animals. Ash has been a suckee since the day I got them. Lulu too, but not as much, she's more independent.

I think you might be right about him feeling strange without his fur. I'll try putting the onesie on and see if it makes a difference. Oh, lol...speak of the devil, here's Lulu for suckee time!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He can go up and down my stairs now and he did run a little the other night after a toy. Just a little though, he seems to know what he is capable of.
Wow, wow, wow. What a cat, and what a team of you and your vet(s) for him. Just amazing, I think.

I was going to ask you guys if they just "know" instinctively, that you've helped them.
I think they do :sunshine::lovecat3:

I was just reading someone else saying their adult cat suckles still too LOL

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, wow, wow. What a cat, and what a team of you and your vet(s) for him. Just amazing, I think.

I think they do :sunshine::lovecat3:

I was just reading someone else saying their adult cat suckles still too LOL
Yes, the vets have all been great. Vet at the shelter, vet who did his surgery and the local vet clinic. All may have different opinions but I take it all in.

It can get a little annoying. They will stop if I say "no suckee" but sometimes they can soak the entire neck of a shirt! The saliva leaves a stain too so you end up throwning the shirts away. Oh well, Life with animals. :catlove:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to figure this one out...went out to the store, came back and the cats had kicked the litter all over the floor. Cleaned it up...then Lulu decided she was going to poop. She starts franticallly digging and when she starts to poop, Ash sticks his paw in right underneath her and proceeds to cover it up before she's even finished. Then both of them got the zoomies. :hyper::lol:

I've never seen this happen before. There are two boxes in that room, both scooped this morning. I think she's excited because he's up and around, and he's being his usual fastidious self. Was quite comical to watch.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You had said he was fastidious even before the surgery, as I recall. This is very funny though. My Rikki who is about 17 months spends an inordinate amount of time covering up whatever he does in the litterbox...like several minutes.
Phoebe does Journey to the Centre of the Earth before she starts, then hurls litter all over the floor while she’s covering it! That’s the main way I can tell who’s done a poo if I’m not there at the time - Daisy is much tidier. :lol:

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You had said he was fastidious even before the surgery, as I recall. This is very funny though. My Rikki who is about 17 months spends an inordinate amount of time covering up whatever he does in the litterbox...like several minutes.
Yes! Ash is exactly like Rikki. I usually have to tell him "ok that's enough" and physically remove him from the box. I've never seen him cover up Lulu's before though. I told him to get away from her. My goodness, LOL.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe does Journey to the Centre of the Earth before she starts, then hurls litter all over the floor while she’s covering it! That’s the main way I can tell who’s done a poo if I’m not there at the time - Daisy is much tidier. :lol:
That's why I was surprised that Lulu was digging so hard. She's normally much more restrained. Ash is the litter kicker.