left behind cats after owner dies

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. My brother's father in law died and he left behind 3cats. Nobody can take them in. Do you have any suggestions? Dont want them to go to the shelter. Would euth be better I am in D other Ca.

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please look for a no-kill shelter or put an ad in the local paper.  Your Father-in-law would not want his babies to be euthanized.  I know that in Colorado we have no-kill places such as Dream Power. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found good homes for abandoned cats on the local radio shows, please let them know about their plight, people feel sorry for them and just might take them. Good luck, I'll say a prayer for those poor babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi thanks for the replies.still trying to find a place for one. The mans vet of over 30 yrs said she would take 2 gets them home and throws them right in with hers and go figure... one sprayed.sorry for the sarcasm. So she wanted him picked up right away. Brother offered to have a board certified behavior vet go out. Not cheap. But she wanted nothing to do with anything and insisted he be picked up immediately. He is 15 and has cancer. I cannot post the words I feel about her right now. C as t-shirts are safe for now and I am waiting to hear back from a friend about the older guy. My brother will take one and the vet kept the one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update. All three cats have homes. Separate homes but they have them and all are doing well.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the best news possible. SO glad to hear.

This is a HUGE problem with me, as people don't think about making arrangements regardless of age about what to do with their beloved pets should anything happen to them.

I see cats shipped off to the shelter and be killed all the time due to a person being put into a nursing home or facility, or a family who's member passed away taking the pets to the shelter.

What a rude, heartless thing for these poor babies to have happen!

Not only lost their parent and home, but the insult added of euthanizing them too?

What an awful end to a content animal's life. Makes me very upset, and is VERY common.

So thanks for caring!