Leaving...

CatCake

Eating cake
Young Cat
Purraise
Jerry died of old age today..
RIP Jerry.
So.. why am I still part of this forum?!

Sorry guys, I'm leaving.
I'm not gonna get another cat tho... chickens are better.

Thanks for reading.

Mel

Last edited by a moderator:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Jerry. You're hurting now and it seems like you'll never love another kitty like you loved him. Only time will tell if you will want another one to give your love to. It might hurt to stay and chat here, or it might feel good. If it hurts too much I hope you'll come back at a later time, maybe share the good memories you have of him. Whatever is best for you at such a sad time!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Jerry. You're hurting now and it seems like you'll never love another kitty like you loved him. Only time will tell if you will want another one to give your love to. It might hurt to stay and chat here, or it might feel good. If it hurts too much I hope you'll come back at a later time, maybe share the good memories you have of him. Whatever is best for you at such a sad time!
Exactly this....sorry for your loss, give it time, you are in the acute stages of grief right now and we don't think the way we normally do. Perhaps you will never get another cat, perhaps you will change your mind, but whatever you do is up to you, you know what is best, and I am so sorry you lost Jerry.

May your heart heal a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jerry, dream you deep. You live forever in someone's heart.

I've learned not to make decisions in the midst of new, tearing grief. I hope someday you will find it in you to love a cat again, as there is nothing quite like them in this world. We shall miss you if you feel you must go, and will keep a candle burning in the window to guide you back if that time ever comes. Love to you, and comfort.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatCake

Eating cake
Young Cat
Purraise
:bawling2: i know, i might stay, but now i am really sad... :bawling::bawling::bawling: ill come back after a few days.. just need to recover..

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CATS ARE NOT OUR WHOLE LIFE, THEY MAKE OUR LIVES WHOLE

Chickens are nice, but cats are more lovable. I don't blame you for never wanting to experience this kind of pain again, but you might, because you have a big heart and Jerry would never want you to be so sad because of him. You would be valuable on this site, Jerry is a testament to your ability to care for and love a cat. You have experience that new cat owners so badly need, and you have empathy that would be a comfort to those who are going through what you are now. The bond you have with Jerry will never be taken from you, you will be connected for eternity because it is a bond forged from love. I have had my heart broken so many times, because I am old and have lived through a lot. If heaven forbid, I don't have cats anymore in my life, I would still share what I have learned through the years and still connect with cats this way.
You are grieving right now, as you should, the emptiness in our lives at a time like this can be unbearable at times. But it helps to release a little of that pain by sharing it with others who understand. Try to find joy once again in celebrating having that little boy in your life for a while, what he gave to you is priceless. Don't let death take over your own life, you are here on earth and have a future. Don't make it one of sadness and tears, Jerry would never want that for the one he loves so much. He will always be close by. Your bonding assures that his new journey will always parallel yours until it once more crosses at the end.
Time is the only thing that helps. It dulls the sharp edges of grief and allows us to live once more in the present, not the past. Your heart will heal, but will always have a scar.
Take care, my friend, you are always welcome to come here to connect. We are all one big family joined together by our love of these amazing creatures called cats........RIP dear Jerry, you will never be forgotten, and will always have a place in a loving heart. Goodnight, sleep tight!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Take the time that you need. We will be here, thinking of you.

And I WILL check out those chickens! The few that I've know well have been amazing creatures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatCake

Eating cake
Young Cat
Purraise
Take the time that you need. We will be here, thinking of you.

And I WILL check out those chickens! The few that I've know well have been amazing creatures.

Aw :thanks:

I also have a cockatiel that Jerry used to LOVE. Oh no, I'm getting tears again, :bawling2:

Jerry was so friendly towards birds you'd think he was one!
Here are the pics:
IMG_4168.JPG
My very docile chicken (that used to cuddle up with Jerry), called blackie.
IMG_4428.JPG
Our cockatiel.
IMG_4222.JPG
Son hugging our adorable duck Swede.

:sniffle:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry CatCake CatCake . I can imagine how you sad you feel now and I understand your decision to leave TCS, but it doesn't have to be a final leave. After I lost my Lotje (almost 21) it took me 4 years before I was ready to open my heart to a new cat. Take all the time you need... :alright:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of Jerry the cat. I love chickens too, so you can stay and talk about them. When a neighbor's chickens escaped when he was on vacation, we took care of them for a few months. They were wonderful and very friendly. We didn't have a barn or fence to keep them in, so we had to chase them out of the road every day. All 7 of them slept in our lilac tree every night! They destroyed our garden, but I still miss them terribly.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry CatCake CatCake . I can imagine how you sad you feel now and I understand your decision to leave TCS, but it doesn't have to be a final leave. After I lost my Lotje (almost 21) it took me 4 years before I was ready to open my heart to a new cat. Take all the time you need... :alright:
Lotje sure lived a long life! Did he/she pass away from age related illnesses?
How did you choose the unusual name?

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lotje sure lived a long life! Did he/she pass away from age related illnesses?
How did you choose the unusual name?
She surely did a long life; she died from age related kidney failure. She was a rescue cat.
The name is not that unusual here, in Belgium.

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Life comes in different shapes, while love is always the same. Either cat or hen, dog or parrot- they all are part of our lives some way or another.

I dare to say that the simple fact of looking at a feral cat means that this species has a place in our heart. On other words, I do not think that guarding a cat at home or caring a cat colony are the only ways one demonstrate he or she loves cats.

(Leaving TCS- I also did once and came back. No big deal. I did what I feel. )

I am very sorry for your loss.

PS: I was a chicken person in my childhood. And I still I am. Life comes in different shapes, while Love is always the same.

edie56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thats what i said when i lost baby in july i got tassee they have ecaxtately the same marking but differant attitudes from each other baby hardly never cried tassie gets to noisy baby never played she loves to play baby never got into troble she got into trouble two days after we got her baby never clawed or bit tassee always does

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. :alright: I remember seeing your pictures of Jerry and thinking he is so cute, handsome, and sweet. :angel:

Ellie's Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So very sorry for your loss. May Jerry rest in peace. This forum has been a saving grace to help me work through my grief. There are some wonderful people on here! I know you are in pain but consider to use this forum to help you grieve.

marvel7703

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is so hard to lose a beloved part of your family. Take all the time you need to recover. We will be thinking of you here and hoping you return again one day soon. Rest in peace, sweet Jerry.

Pinta77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jerry died of old age today..
RIP Jerry.
So.. why am I still part of this forum?!

Sorry guys, I'm leaving.
I'm not gonna get another cat tho... chickens are better.

Thanks for reading.

Mel
I know exactly how you feel... I'm not the kind of person that can just get a new cat and forget about the one I loved like family... I understand your pain :( So sorry for your loss. I'm here for you dude.