Leaving kitten with friend for 4 nights

CatMom2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Im new to this site and wanted some advice, I’m leaving my 3 month old kitten at a friends house for 4 nights when we go on holiday.
she’s met my friend a few times so is familiar already. I’m worried that my kitten will get attached to my friend, especially as he has to stay at her house as my friend can’t stay at my home which I would have preferred.
will my kitten prefer her and forget about me?
I feel guilty for leaving him and worried that he’ll think ive abandoned him!
any advice would be appreciated

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure your kitten won't forget you and prefer your friend. Now, he might be a little upset but he'll get over it quickly. He will probably be so happy to see you again.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with klunick klunick kitten's get over thing's pretty fast. When you go away you could send a worn t-shirt with him so he has your smell to make him feel safe at your friend's.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although four nights seems like a long time to us the kitten can't tell time so please try not to worry. I would be more concerned if your friend has other pets and/or leaves them out. Do you know where your friend plans to put the litter box and food/water dishes? You may want to suggest that the kitten stay in a room at first since he is only three months old and will not know where his litter box is if he's not in the same room with it. Also I would suggest bringing along some favorite toys and ask your friend to play with him.

Enjoy your holiday and please let us know how everything went when you return. Best of luck! :goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatMom2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions and advice!! I’ll definitely be using them to make the transition easier for kitten.
Your replies have reassured me so much,
I’ll let you know how we got on
:)