Leaving Kitten Home While On Vacation

catdawg23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have a kitten who is almost 6 months old now and we are leaving for vacation saturday for a week. We have 3 other cats but they are locked away from him but they can hear each other and know each other are there. Twice a day our aunt is going to go and play with him and make sure he has fresh food, water, and clean litter. He has some cat safe toys we will leave out along with beds and things to lay on and plenty of water and dry food will be left out at all times. He is just getting over a cold but almost better now. His room is a 10 foot by 10 foot completely cat proofed room with all outlets covered and no wires or anything that could hurt him. Temperature will be monitored as well while we are gone. Right now he stays in that room because we havent acclimated all the cats to each other yet. And he is normally in there by himself while we sleep at night and while at work but we go in and play with him every morning and night. Should we be concerned about leaving for a week?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdawg23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know the food, water, litter and all essentials will be perfect, and he will have toys and nothing that can hurt him. I am just making sure that he wont get lonely or depressed or anxious. Anything else I can do to help? He has 2 windows he can get up to and look out but are closed.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While he may be a little lonely, if he is familiar with your aunt that will help greatly. If not, get your aunt over to your place a number of times before you leave, just to acclimate him to her. Even my cat, after 12 years, slows down her eating, etc. if I am gone - even if my husband is at home during the evenings through early morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdawg23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He already knows the aunt and because he isnt free roaming through the whole house yet it will be very similar to his normal days.