Leaky Cat

beccacats91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there

I have a two year old cat who leakes from his (penis) I have taken him to the vets 4 times and they give him several infections and some anti biotics. They said he had a urine infection but it has still continued and I’m unsure what to do. He has a liquid leaking from his penis that smells horrendous.
He is not neutered yet due to covid 19 as they aren’t doing that procedure because of covid 19 in the vets I go to.

I have to keep him in the kitchen or let him outside as it absolute smells horrendous. He looks to be uncomfortable as well so I’ve put him a blanket out with a warm bottle to help keep him comfortable.

what is wrong with my poor baby :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beccacats91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry injections not infections.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Urine smells like, well, urine. Is the vet sure that the liquid is not anal gland secretions? Those secretions smell horribly bad :barfgreen: Some cats have trouble normally expressing their anal glands so the glands get full and leak, sometimes they get infected or impacted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beccacats91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah
Urine smells like, well, urine. Is the vet sure that the liquid is not anal gland secretions? Those secretions smell horribly bad :barfgreen: Some cats have trouble normally expressing their anal glands so the glands get full and leak, sometimes they get infected or impacted.
I thought this as well but they said no :(

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If it smells horrendous, that sounds like he might be spraying. Spraying doesn't smell like urine, or so I'm told. It smell terrible, from what I've read.

Now when you say leaking, are you finding little puddles around, or is his fur wet, or what's the indicator? Is he still using the litterbox? I found this article that may or may not be of use to you: Feline Urinary Incontinence - The Leaky Cat - HomeoPet