Lead

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After advice here I have ordered a Mynwood harness, now I need a lead, we are only going out onto a balcony, would a retractable be a good idea, I live in the UK, can anybody advise me please.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I personally would not use a retractable since cats don't necessarily respond to a restraint like dogs do, but others may have a different perspective :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I personally would not use a retractable since cats don't necessarily respond to a restraint like dogs do, but others may have a different perspective :)
Thanks for the reply, what lead would you suggest.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a retractable, the only thing you have to watch is that they don't get too far ahead and entangle in something. I once had a scared cat go up a tree, what a mess! Line wrapped around branches and the cat high up. I finally got her down but In was really anxious for a while!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the reply, what lead would you suggest.
I don't have a specific one. For my boy, I made a lead from that somewhat stretchy cord that you find in screen doors that holds the screen in place. I liked it because when he got to the end of it, it had a little "give" to it due to the elasticity as opposed to a hard stop which seemed to work better for him - he was more accepting of it.

Dearjujubebe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The retractable leash is good for outside. But it may not necessary if you are only going out onto a balcony.