Lazlo, a TCS kitten through-and-through, our first feral, was called home

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After beating large cell lymphoma, we thought Lazlo was indestructible. Always on alert for the return of the cancer, Lazlo put up with ultrasounds every six months. Every day of those "extra" four years and four months was a precious gift. :heart2: And that cancer never returned.

Our brave warrior will always soldier on in our hearts. We don't know what was causing him to steadily lose weight these past few months. But in the end, it was pneumonia that took him from us. He didn't have the strength to fight it. Lazlo... our first feral kitten. Our Number One Son. Our crazy Hungarian with a bounce in his step. Always alpha, all it took was one look or one whap from Laz to put someone in their place. Pawley was the only one to ever consider trying to challenge him, and even at the end, Pawley always backed down.

Our box boy... We still think he might have been an alien plant - though why he'd choose us to study as examples of human behavior we're not sure. But his frequent reports involved talking to the ceiling. Apparently the mothership called him home. :rbheart:

On this earth 4/2002 - 12/7/2015.

Lazlo's story, one of my very first TCS threads... http://www.thecatsite.com/t/9471/scared-cat-what-do-we-do

Lazlo... I've already cried a river for missing you. It'll be an ocean by the time I'm done. You were ready to go, we respected that. I just don't know if you've returned to your home planet, or if you're flying with your brother Sheldon... perhaps curled up in bed together, not because you two are cuddly, but because you'd fight over the beds, and neither of you would give it up. Wherever you are, don't forget to stop by and say "hi." You took a piece of our hearts with you. When we are reunited, our hearts will be whole again. :hugs:

Lazlo playing with his TCS Secret Santa toy, 2002:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: I'm so sorry you've had to say good-bye to Lazlo. He was such a fighter when going through chemo and such a love when he accepted other cats into your lives. RIP, Lazlo. I hope you're reunited with Sheldon now and watching over your humans and feline housemates. :rbheart:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read about Lazlo. I went back and read his threads - what a very special guy. When the mothership lands and our new feline overlords greet us, I will think of him.

RIP dear Lazlo. Run free and wild. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He was, Tricia, he was!

I know it was his time, we're not second-guessing that decision, but my goodness the crying is just crazy. He was SUCH a good boy - about everything. He oversaw the introduction of 15 more cats - and goodness knows how many fosters those first few years. :rub: What a cat.

And the first two rescues were the first two to cross. 13 years wasn't nearly long enough. :sigh:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Laurie. Here I am again in tears over your loss. I'm so sorry. 

Lazlo, such a brave boy. 

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry it was Lazlo's time to cross the Rainbow Bridge; no matter their age, there is never enough time  I had to read your previous threads as well, your boy was a real fighter- Cheers to a truly beautiful life.

Fly Free sweet Lazlo- and land softly, you were so loved.

• Purraise
Reactions: ldg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lazlo will always have a place in your heart, you shared a love for over 13 years and nothing will ever break that bond as long as you are alive to hold on to it. It breaks our hearts when they have to leave us, but he went knowing he was loved so much and loving you in return with all his heart. Thank you for giving him such good care and such a wonderful home, you will surely be blessed for your devotion. I pray you will find comfort in your precious memories. Accept my sincere condolences, I know the pain of a broken heart and would not wish it on anyone. Please take care, and know we all appreciate your beautiful tribute to such a brave, sweet little soul. RIP sweet Lazlo, you left a mark in this world, and now are blazing a trail through the heavens, you will never be forgotten and will always be held in a loving heart!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:rbheart: RIP dear Lazlo. He was a special cat indeed. Think of what he started by having you and Gary adopt him! Not only did you save him from a desperate feral life, you've saved so many others in the years since. Either directly, or indirectly through all the knowledge you're able to share with other cat owners now. Bless you for taking him in and giving him such a good life. I really do believe you were meant to find him all those years ago. :angel:

• Purraise

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you and Gary
  But you got those extra years that you never expected, so what a blessing that was. But, still, I'm so, so very sorry for you loss. 

He was one special cat, never to be forgotten, that's for sure. 

Run free at the bridge, 
Lazlo 

• Purraise

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am truly sorry for your loss of your precious Lazlo. From reading your previous posts, he was quite an amazing kitty. You saved him and gave him a wonderful life. He was truly one lucky kitty! He was so fortunate to have those extra years with you, after beating cancer. I do realize though that it still wasn't enough time. If only our kitty babies could all live long happy lives. My heart aches for you as I know how much your Lazlo will be missed.
RIP Sweet Lazlo!
You were so loved and will never be forgotten!

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss 
 ​ heartbreaking indeed, my heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace dear Lazlo...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW Laurie - :heart3: :rbheart: :angel: :vibes: :heart2: :rub: :vibes: :rbheart:

I adore his face - the face of pure joy, love and a bit of mischief mixed in there. AND - I bet Laz has the longest tail up "there" too. :nod: :bigthumb: You know I LOVE you lots and am keeping you and Gary surrounded as best I can in cyber-hugs/love and light. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:rbheart: LAZLO :rbheart: Now flying freely full of "spiritual" life. I am sure you will be close by your family, still, watching over them and sending little messages to your momma whom you loved so deeply, thoroughly and passionately. :vibes: :Wings: :Kittyface: :rub: :vibes: :angel3: :rbheart:

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are no words.

Just :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:rbheart: Rest in peace Lazlo, you gorgeous, special, one in a million boy :rbheart:
:angel: [emoji]128062[/emoji] [emoji]127801[/emoji] [emoji]128151[/emoji] :rbheart: [emoji]128151[/emoji] [emoji]127801[/emoji] [emoji]128062[/emoji] :angel:

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t tell you how heartbroken I am that you lost Lazlo, that beautiful little warrior. I read your thread about him on my way to work this morning;  tears were streaming as I sat on the streetcar. What an amazing journey you had with him. Your commitment to him, your selfless acts of devotion and the sacrifices you made  are a testament to all that is right and decent in people. His courage and incredible will to fight to be with a family he loved was inspiring.  He was a very special little soul, I am so sorry you lost him. 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, once again, I'm so sorry to hear about Lazlo.  He was such a sweet boy, & yes, an extra 4 years was not enough, but I know you & Gary were grateful for the time you had with him.

You have an extra little guardian angel around now 
 Sending peace & hugs for you both!!   

R.I.P sweet  Lazlo 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful boy. I can tell by his face what a character he was.

He was so lucky to have had you and Gary there to watch over him while he was here on Earth. It's never long enough for those left behind, but for Lazlo and Sheldon you two were their FOREVER. 

RIP Lazlo