Laxatone Is Too Messy!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't used this for my own cats, but one of my friends swears by KFC chicken, original recipe, not extra crispy. Give some of the skin along with the chicken. It seems the extra grease in the skin helps the hairballs slide right on through.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Here’s a helpful article: How To Treat - And Prevent - Hairballs In Cats

Regular grooming is really important in preventing hairballs. My Charlie likes the laxatone treats, but some cat owners like to use egg yolk leichitin or coconut oil. Your vet might have some suggestions as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately,she will not let me groom her. Not a lap cat. Short haired but sheds bad.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still haven’t worked out the winning strategy with Krista but I think it involves a belly shave, egg yolk powder in her meals, and the occasional Tiki Cat Tuna with Pumpkin to get her to eat some pumpkin. When I get back from holiday after next weekend, I’ll get her the belly shave and we’ll work the tuna and pumpkin again. In the meantime, the egg yolk powder makes her coat feel amazing and is supposedly helping to heal her impaired motility even if it doesn’t feel like it yet.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Just ordered it
Egg yolk can make her stools loose so start small. 1/8 tsp. Give that for a week or two before increasing the amount. If you have the smidgen-pinch-dash measuring spoons, all the better to ramp her up to the therapeutic dose.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't used this for my own cats, but one of my friends swears by KFC chicken, original recipe, not extra crispy. Give some of the skin along with the chicken. It seems the extra grease in the skin helps the hairballs slide right on through.
It works for me. :flail:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she won't let you groom her, and I understand that totally, there is one possible help. A wool rug, not synthetic, but actual wool. They come in different sizes, get one at least as wide as kit is long and three or more feet in length. The wool grabs the fur and the fur ends up on the rug. I got one by mistake at the big box hardware store. It worked on my border collie chow. The rug may not be a complete grooming, but if kit likes it, I think you'll be surprised at how much fur is rugged off. The best part is the rug won't fight you when you clean it.