Latest Newsletter hasn't arrived

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello -
golondrina golondrina and I haven't received the latest newsletter in our inboxes. Has it been sent, or was it delayed due to the site upgrade?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found my newsletter. In my case I expected it to go into a specific folder and it went into another one, so I'm ok in this regard, thanks!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I have looked at my inbox for the 8th october Newsletter and also at the spasms list to no avail. No october newsletter received.
Have you looked under the Promotions tab of your email? I recall the newsletter ended up being there on a previous occasion when you thought you hadn't received it.

ETA: This was just checked again and is fine from this end. If you're not getting the newsletter, it may be blocked/filtered by your email client or possibly your ISP.

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply jcat but this already happened a while back and was finally corrected by TCS. I don't have any mail problems other than with TCS's newsletter. If you cannot help me 'llI just have to do without it. But I repeat, when this happened before it was corrected by TCS.

Marlow cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi.....i would like to sign up for the newsletter but couldn't find how to do it. Thanks

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for your reply jcat but this already happened a while back and was finally corrected by TCS. I don't have any mail problems other than with TCS's newsletter. If you cannot help me 'llI just have to do without it. But I repeat, when this happened before it was corrected by TCS.
When you do not get the newsletter, we start a moderator's thread and try to figure out why. The last time this happened, you told us that your grandson Javier found it in your promotions tab. It did not get corrected by TCS.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your comments AbbysMom Quite frankly I don't know WHAT or WHERE is "my promotions tab" . Cannot the newsletter be sent to my mail address as usual? My grandson is travelling now.:sigh:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Anne checked, and it was sent to your email address as usual.

When you go into gmail, across the top there are tabs. It is normally on the "primary" tab. You should also check the "social" and "promotions" tabs as shown below. Last time when you did not receive it, it was under the promotions tab.

gmail.jpg

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne checked, and it was sent to your email address as usual.

When you go into gmail, across the top there are tabs. It is normally on the "primary" tab. You should also check the "social" and "promotions" tabs as shown below. Last time when you did not receive it, it was under the promotions tab.

View attachment 303824
gmail has removed both tags, social and promotions from the their page. When I ask google how to recover them I get instructions "how to REMOVE them". Apparently they consider those tabs undesirable. In any case they don't exist anymore on my page. This problem started with the recent changes at the Site. Before that I had been receiving the newsletter without fail. Please can't the newsletter be sent again to see if it works now? If possible I would I like to see if the problem has been solved before the november newsletter is due..

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Have you tried your spam folder golondrina golondrina ? It could be there. You could try running a search for thecatsite in your spam folder. To do that, just ran this query in your Gmail search tab -
in:spam thecatsite

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried your spam folder golondrina golondrina ? It could be there. You could try running a search for thecatsite in your spam folder. To do that, just ran this query in your Gmail search tab -
in:spam thecatsite
As suggested by you Ann I have just ran a search and the october newsletter isn't there.I do get the recent exchange on this subject but not the newsletter. I still think something went wrong with a recent changes at the Site.