Late pregnancy movements?

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everybody,
I was just looking for some advice, my Cat Edie (Edith) is currently 62 days pregnant (by my working out)
There’s just a couple of things I’m not sure about. Her nipples seem very dry,her milk has not come in. It seems more like dry skin?

Secondly, the kittens are so active I can hear them moving around like bubbling noises, they are still very active is this normal at this stage? I will attach pics/video if I can work out how to do so.

Edies baby movements

Just to add, this was an accidental litter due to my own lack of care not getting them done soon enough which I admit, my male is now neutered and Edie will be as soon as she’s able to be.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Apply coconut oil or bag balm to her dry nipples to prevent chapping and soreness. Kitten movement slows at the very end of pregnancy. Things sound normal to me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, could I use Vaseline or is that not good?
She has her dens set up and I’ve been giving her a bowl of kitten formula a day, and she’s on kitten food too.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree. Milk comes often in very late, - but a wise owner prepares to have some kmr or goats milk at home, to have some defense IF.
And she havent dropped yet (not all drops, but usually they do). As you say, when she has dropped, they wont move as much.

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I already have KMR plus syringes, just because I’m curious and I’ve seen you do this for other posters. Could you tell me what colour kittens I could be expecting? Will they most likely be all tabby’s? This is mum and dad

Attachments

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
StefanZ StefanZ I’d love any information you could give me at all please? Do you think the kittens will be all tabby? Long hair or short? Thank you in advance!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Daddy is longhair and tabby. I dont clearly see momma. I think momma is longhair. Has she a bushy tail?
If so, all kittens will be more or less longhair.

I dont clearly see about mommy tortie pattern. If also tabby, it should be visible on her black parts. My guess she is tortie, NOT torbie, ie no tabby pattern.

If momma is tabby, will all or almost all kittens be tabby / torbie. If not; half of kittens will be tabbies (torbies).
Girls will tend to be torties as momma. Someone will be all black as both parents carry black.

Daddys white mouth isnt not a true white spot; this white mouth and eye linings are common with tabbies..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, I dont think she is tabby. I dont see the tai if its bushy. But I suspect she is shorthair, even if her fur is longer than for many other shorthairs.

IF so, some kittens will be tabbies / torbies, but not all.

Some, perhaps all kittens, will be shorthairs... (this depends if she does carry the longhair gene. If not, none will be longhair, if yes, about half will be longhair). Longhair is recessive, shorthair is dominating.

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah thank you so much for your reply, that’s so interesting.
I just popped on to ask another question, I bought kitten formula and have been making it up and giving it to mum, I also have some for the kittens just in case, I read kittens with a mum rarely take a bottle and to get a syringe. Just a basic syringe does it not need a teat or anything on the end? Sorry if this is silly I just want to be as prepared as possible

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Edie had her kittens last night, the weights are
1st 103grams
2nd 108grams
3rd 105grams
4th 109grams
5th 115 grams
6th 128 grams

the last one born seems to have quite a big stomach compared to the others I’m assuming it’s simply because he’s a bigger weight?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Weights are excellent for 6 kittens! Yes, the largest will have the biggest tummy. Are all 6 kittens nursing mom well?

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she’s done amazingly well, I’ve been trying to alternate them in threes and making sure she gets a break.
Weights are excellent for 6 kittens! Yes, the largest will have the biggest tummy. Are all 6 kittens nursing mom well?

Kerrylouise88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thought I would pop back and update, all six kittens have done amazingly well. I’m so proud of them. Almost 5 weeks old now

Attachments