Late night Meowing resolved-reason is hilarious!

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So we've been trying to figure out why Helen has suddenly taken to loudly meowing in the middle of the night...from one end of the house to the other. It's loud and slightly odd-sounding but we couldn't see anything wrong with her. Her behavior in daytime was fine, just this night-time change. 

We finally found the culprit...my youngest has a Pound Puppy puppy. It's about 5 inches long, and Helen carries it around the house by the crown of it's head and meows around it's head. She loves her Pound Puppy so much that she has conversations with it!

Makes me wonder if she was a young mother in that hoarding house she came from? She only a little more than a year, but I know they can breed at around 5months if not taken care of and there were 20+ cats in that house. I don't know if it's favorite toy love or maternal cat love, but she's sure attached to her puppy! 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3: That's really cute! It could be maternal instinct, but we've had male pets who've become very attached to stuffed toys and taken them to bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Ha! That's adorable, although annoying to sleeping peeps 
Yes, very annoying..but at least I know what's up now. I put the toy aside last night and we had peace, until she found it in the morning and started expressing how happy she was to see it again!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband bought me a stuffed fox last year that Sinbad loves like that. He even grooms it. He doesn't drag it around though, the fox likes to sit in the stadium chair, and Sinbad will be very loud in defense of its right to be there if I try to move it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matts mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Funny how they get attached to things lol. I tried hiding the dog and her spring last night to shut Helen up for some peace and quiet, but she just went and found a Red Mitten and talked around it!

I'm very glad she's out of her shell, but really, some peace and quiet would be nice lol!

Sinbad looks adorable curled up around his/your stuffed fox.....I doubt he knows the difference lol

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
haha what a cute story. Min used to carry around a terrycloth ponytail holder and sometimes I would have to go check on her because the meowing was sooooo eery and loud!!!! Her lil ponytail band now sits on top of her lil urn as it was so special to her :)