Last ditch effort to save the sweetest ex-feral cat (won't use litter boxes)

wilmadawn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i haven't read through all the responses but I have an ex feral cat that also refuses to use the liter box. I finally found a solution, he likes puppy pads. I line a liter box with a puppy pad and he uses that to pee. pooping is still not done in the box but that's an easy clean up. For some reason, he just doesn't like any type of liter but will go on the puppy pad. good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klag

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've got her peeing in 2 litter boxes (out of 6) and on 2 puppy pads at the moment. She's not peeing on the floors at the moment which is the most important thing - but she still doesn't want to transition to full litter boxes.

For example, my front door is a little bit away from most of the main areas of the house, so she likes to go and pee on the rug in front of the front door. We have a puppy pad there, and she uses it - but we can't put a litter box there - there's just no where to put one and not block the door/walkway. If we remove the rug completely, she'll just pee on the floor.

She likes to pee in the carpeted walk-in closet. If we put a puppy pad there, she'll use it. But not a litter box, even a litter box with a puppy pad in it. She'll just pee somewhere else in the closet on the floor.

It's progress, but still not the point where she needs to be. Will continue to work on her!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may not like the smell of the litter or the way it feels beneath her feet. I'm impressed she's happy with the pee pads. That's huge.