Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoanlace

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How are you doing?
Crummy. The oncologist yesterday said that Starla's lung cancer, since it has spread to the pleural and causing effusion, is very rarely helped by chemo. Giving her pred would make her unable to fight the pneumonia. I never asked any of her three doctors about the Lasix. I don't know if this is stress or brain damage but I didn't. And I meant to.
Starla's breathing was getting harsh again and her nostrils were flaring with every breath, and I knew I had to make a decision. And in a moment of strength this morning, I let her go. I do hope that somehow she understood and knew how much I loved her and how much courage it takes to do that.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She never questioned your bond and she implicitly trusted you to always do the right thing.....you've done that and you have eased her passage.

Thinking of you both:hugs:

SheilaB

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry. I've gone through this the past 3 weeks. O'Henry passed Friday morning. Through all of it, however, O'Henry did not cough or breath hard from the mouth. His sides worked in and out with the labored breathing. Up until the final day, he kept the food down that I finger fed him, never once throwing up.

I know Starla knew how much you loved her, and, yes, it takes a great deal of courage. So, yes, I fully understand and I'm so very sorry that you lost your precious Starla.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do hope that somehow she understood and knew how much I loved her and how much courage it takes to do that.
She did understand, and she knew, and yes it does. Bless you forever for that :vibes::heartshape: :hugs:

If you care to, when you feel up to it you could talk about Starla in our Crossing the Bridge forum. It would be a lovely way of letting us know about her :redheartpump:

Crossing the Bridge

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the site team, we are very sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Threads are closed after such a loss as a sign of respect. As Furballsmom mentioned, please do consider starting a memorial thread for Starla.

Rest in peace sweet girl. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.