Large poops

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my cat had to have an enema several weeks ago due to consipation from being on buprinorphine and after was put on royal canin GI response high fiber food. Before that she was on clean protein and pooped about once daily small to.medium sizes. Now since the food change(I've been mixing 50/50 old food with new food she has Been pooping twice a day and very large poops. Is this normal just from adding the fiber? I know clean protein is mostly protein based I don't know about this new food.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
You might want to touch base with the vet to see if an adjustment in the food needs to be made.

Last edited:

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That food definitely increases the volume of stool. It is also really calorie dense so you may want to determine exactly how much your cat is eating a day.

cocoanlace

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 13 year old cat had unexplained diarrhea so the vet recommended the Royal Canin high-fiber response. I was surprised because most cat owners seem to be using this for constipation. But it worked a miracle for my cat's diarrhea. That said, everyone else in the household wanted to eat it as well so I allowed it. I'm scooping all day now because everyone has such large poops. I would love to back off if I could find something else that would work just as well. He turns his nose up at most wet food and just licks it to death until the moisture is gone. And I have this fear, of course, that the diarrhea will return.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol, I put allie on the same thong royal fiber response, monster dookies galore, even on my bed last night

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol, I put allie on the same thong royal fiber response, monster dookies galore, even on my bed last night
I tell my husband it looks like a dog went in her litter box they are so big!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I'd be concerned about those large stools........it just isn't natural. I wonder what it might do/cause over time...?

If she's no longer on bupe Elvisrocks Elvisrocks and you're still cutting it 50/50, is a (very) gradual reduction a consideration? I'm not familiar with this "clean protein" product at all.........perhaps it could use a pinch of feline-appropriate (soluble dietary) fiber added in. If you'd like a short read, try this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Personally, I'd be concerned about those large stools........it just isn't natural. I wonder what it might do/cause over time...?

If she's no longer on bupe Elvisrocks Elvisrocks and you're still cutting it 50/50, is a (very) gradual reduction a consideration? I'm not familiar with this "clean protein" product at all.........perhaps it could use a pinch of feline-appropriate (soluble dietary) fiber added in. If you'd like a short read, try this.
I did ask the vet about the increase in size as well as frequency from once a day to twice. He stated that was normal due to the amount of fiber in the new food. I think it looks big because her poops before were so tiny.