Large Nodule on Bridge of Nose

jenn4maddie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
. Hi, first time I have used this site. Looking for ideas/ treatment solutions for my cat's nose. Developed about 2 wks ago. Vet did biopsy about 10 days ago. Vet doesn't think cancer. Treated w/ antibiotics for 7 days per vet. During biopsy clear liquid was extracted, but then filled w/ blood. She goes back to vet on Saturday.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I have to admit that I have never seen anything like that before. That's a pretty big lump.   Hopefully, one of our other members will recognize it and be able to give you some advice. I mostly wanted to welcome you to the forum and ask you when you'll get the results of the biopsy back?   Does your kitty seem to be in any pain when you touch it?

Please let us know what you find out.  I know I'm curious and I'm sure others are as well. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenn4maddie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Thank you to a couple mentors who welcomed me to the site! The biopsy came back negative for cancer! So that's good news! She doesn't seem to be in pain; I worry about her breathing but she ran up to greet me when I got home today and just chowed down some dinner. My gut tells me a fatty cyst, but I don't have anything scientific to base that on. Maddie is the best pet I've had as an adult. I adopted her from a shelter over 12 years ago. Vet thinks she is about 15 yrs old. Her next vet visit is actually on Monday afternoon. Any other ideas on what she has on her nose is appreciated!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Thank heavens it's not cancer!  Maddie is such a beautiful kitty.  I love her subtle coloring.  

If you palpitate the lump, does it move under the skin?  If so, that would bear out your suspicion that it's a fatty cyst (or lipoma.)  Depending on how large it is, surgery might be an option.   Hopefully, the vet appointment on Monday will clear a lot of that up.  

Kelseyirenemarkey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please look into : fungal cryptococcus infection in cats. It's very serious. I hope you can see your vet again soon. It can come from the feces of pigeons. I hope your baby is feeling okay !

Sophia-Anna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has very similar symptons. The vet has not been able to figure out what it is. He sneezes a lot. I was wondering how your cat is doing now?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
OP has not been on TCS since January of 2017, so you will likely not get an answer. You are welcome to start a thread with a question about your cat if you want.