Large can cat food options?

profcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a large family, so I buy cases of wet food -- usually cheapest through Subscribe & Save on Amazon, and sometimes on Chewy. We only use the 12-13 oz cans. We usually rotate them through 3-4 different flavors of food during the week.

We've used Wellness Complete Health Pate on and off for 15+ years. When it's great, it's great. But when it's "off" our cats get tired of it and won't eat. We primarily feed them Turkey & Salmon, and Chicken & Herring. They were doing fine for a while, but the last few cases of Turkey & Salmon were really soupy, and our cats weren't into it. So it seems like Wellness is "off" again.

Our cats LOVED Holistic Select large cans of Shrimp & Salmon and Turkey & Salmon, but they seemed to discontinue both flavors. The Ocean Whitefish & Tuna was a favorite, but the last case was "off" and cats wouldn't eat it.

In the past we've tried Dave's, with limited success. Again, the consistency from case to case is off, and our cats will like it, and then not anymore.

I'm sick of these inconsistencies in cat foods!

So what's new out there for large cans of grain free food? Good deals are a plus!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats won't eat enough of most brands (they'll eat them.if that's all there is, but they'll be unhappy and lose weight, etc.). They mostly eat Friskies. But they like American Journey! And it's in the same price range as Wellness. So that's probably a good one to try.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

profcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I ordered a variety of cases from Chewy. We got an American Journey mix pack of Turkey and Chicken. And I got a case of Nulo, even though it's not cheap. We haven't tried those yet but will report back when we do.

I also got a couple cases of Triumph. Since we have a couple cats who can have IBS issues, our vet had said rice would be good for them. So far the Triumph is a HUGE win. Everyone ate the Trout flavor, and they also liked the Chicken liver. The price is incredible so if they continue to like it I'll be a happy cat mom!