Lanny And Lc Introduction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LannyLC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update since it's now been six weeks since I brought Lanny home to introduce to my Little Cat (LC). I think I'm home free except for one thing. They are playing, cuddling, grooming, and being together like two little buddies that go way back.

LC has always been a small eater. As per instructions of the shelter and vet, I feed her 1/4 cup dry food at morning and another 1/4 cup at night. And I give her a small portion of wet food in between. Unlike LC's small appetite, Lanny loves to eat all day long and often seems ravenous hungry when I feed them in the morning and at night. I'm beginning to wonder if I should be feeding him more than LC.

They both eat out of each other's bowls. In six weeks I haven't notice anyone getting fat or losing weight (except me, damnit) so maybe I don't have to worry and I can keep giving 1/4 cup dry food morning and night with small wet food snack in between.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If Lanny isn't overweight, then feed him more. If he starts to gain too much, slowly cut him back until he is no longer acting like a starving orphan, OR gaining weight...the latter being more important than the former! Sometimes we just have to "go with what works," as all of the "known wisdom" doesn't fit OUR cats!

LannyLC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this advice Mamanyt1953! I'll do exactly that. Trial and error approach. And I've added a tiny bit of wet food in between their dry food feeds.

LannyLC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well my darling floofers are still merging into a brother and sister routine. Play fights followed by mad grooming. And now I can play for short periods of time with Lanny while LC calmly watches. I've come to notice something about Lanny that's a bit weird. The skin on his back ripples all the way from his neck to his tail. I Googled and found Feline Hyperesthesia. but cats with this condition often run around batsh*t crazy or harm themselves and he doesn't do this. I do notice he doesn't like me touching him. He recoils if I gently move to scratch his ears or pat his head. Poor guy! So I'm completely cutting back on touch. He will rub against my legs or bump his head into or lick my feet. And he's sitting with us in the living room instead of under a bed. So maybe he's just got a tiny touch of this condition. I'm sad I can't cuddle with him but my commitment is to giving him a happy safe home no matter what he can give me in return, the poor dear.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are some medications that help, and if he only has a very mild case, it might control it completely.

LannyLC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Whew it's been a while since i posted here. Crazy busy at work and lots of travel for work. I think I overdid it because mid October I got mono. I only took 3 days off work and continued my work trips. It's been a struggle. Now things are slowing down.and I'm not traveling until the new year.

I guess my new rescue, Lanny doesn't have Feline Hyperesthesia at all! I can now pet him way more. He approaches me and has even jumped on my lap to move from couch to floor. I'll take whatever I can get. I'm still giving him lots of space and letting him set the tone. Lanny and Lil Cat are doing great together. She's almost at the point where I can play with Lanny and she doesn't interfere. I think the travel and long days at work do affect Lanny because he has pooped once on the carpet and once on the couch. Yuck! I didn't scold him, just held him and gave him best attention. I'm starting 4 day work weeks in January and I'm quite a homebody if I'm not at work so the cats and I will be happier. Lanny does like his wet food and his treats. Lil Cat could care less - she just wants to play.

Attachments