Lalzo - 4 years in remission may have a different cancer

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our beautiful little fighter boy that beat the "massive mass" in his stomach (large cell lymphoma: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/234030/mega-massive-vibes-for-lazlo-urgent ) has a spot on his lungs that looks like it does when it is cancer, and is in the right place for it when it is cancer.

I have no more information than that, nothing for me to use Dr. Google to research. ;) The vet said it is usually slow-growing, usually not treated, though chemo may be an option. Laz has been exhibiting no symptoms, though apparently that's normal - it is usually only found once it's very progressed and kitty has been coughing. :dk:

We took him in Saturday as he was limping, clearly in quite a bit of pain. Being indoor-only, the most likely explanation was a misstep / fall. But he was in pain and we want to be sure. The vet found he was in a lot of pain at the base of his tail, and he had little tremors up by his shoulders along the spine. X-rays showed no problems or issues with his spine, and it was determined it is a soft-tissue issue. He was given rimadyl via infusion with fluids. And he's been acting GREAT ever since. :lol3:

BUT.

But.

But one of the x-rays of his spine was a side view, and caught a great picture of his lung. And there it was. Big and fuzzy, cloudy white.

He goes in for an ultrasound-guided needle biopsy on Tuesday.

Vibes are appreciated. :hugs: I'm in "one day at a time" mode. Nothing to do until we have results. And even then, there may not be much to do. Of course we'll go visit the oncologist that managed his large cell lymphoma. We have every reason to trust his opinion.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read about this.  Praying for you and your little guy.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in "one day at a time" mode. .
That is the only way to get through these situations - even hour by hour sometimes. ;). :heart3: Lazlo :heart2: is SUCH a little trooper :soldier: and if there is a will and a way HE WILL find it, Laurie. AND - in a way - his falling or whatever caused his lameness was a blessing in disguise because otherwise you would not have found this spot on his lungs. It is possible that it ( if "IT" is anything ;)) was caught early on and that "it" is slow growing, then it could be quite some time before Lazlo shows outwardly symptoms. :nod: You guys have been through so much together and overcome many obstacles and won - I am hoping this will be no different. You have a VERY deep bond with him too and a communication all on another level with this little man - so I think you will all be on the same page when discussing his treatments. :D :nod: :heart3: He speaks your language now....... OR is it that you speak his???!!!! :lol3: Chin up, sweetie. Mega MEGA GINORMOUS vibes coming all day for tomorrows ultrasound guided needle biopsy. :vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: :vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs::vibes: :vibes: :rub: :vibes: :vibes: :heart2: :vibes: :vibes: :hugs: :sun:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, maybe his little mishap was a blessing in disguise so whatever this is could be found and treated, if possible.

Many vibes for you and yours, particularly your special little man. 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many prayers to Lazlo. Hoping if it is cancer, it's something very slow growing, at least. Or maybe not cancer, at all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: all! :heart2:

Poor boy had to sit at the vet all day. They had two emergencies, so he didn't get taken care of until about 4:00pm.

There was a mass, it wasn't an x-ray shadow. Biopsy results should be back in a day or two. The only comments were that masses in the lung, although not always, are usually cancerous. Also, this was in a strange place, close to his abdomen.

So... we wait. :cross:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No! Thank goodness. He is acting fine. Wants loves, enjoying meals. He was hungry!
Saying prayers for both you and Lazlo. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128522[/emoji] That's great! He's a trouper to be sure!!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is really great and I am relieved to hear that Lazlo is feeling otherwise just fine !!!! :heart2: :bigthumb: Truly resilient after such a long day. You, Gary and Laz are on my mind consistently and I am waiting in the wings for the results. :Wings: :cross: Give that little trooper lots of love, hugs and kisses for me today.. :D ;) :rub: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for those test results.

Big Hugs, sweetie. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs::hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: All day long.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Done! :)

No results yet. Hopefully tomorrow. :cross:
DO more .... Kisses and hugs today for me..... ;) :D. I bet you are brushing away ( remember ??!!! :heart3:) any negative energy and circling in positive with every stroke. Adding in some singing??!!! :music3: :bigwink:

For a quick response on the results :vibes: :cross: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LAZLO DOES NOT HAVE CANCER!!!!!!!!

The biopsy showed... liver. The vets were scratching their heads a bit, because stomach is the most common thing that pops up with a HERNIATED LUNG. But it is a small hole in his lung that HIS liver is poking up through. I brought him in with a limp, he was in pain - and the cause of these things is usually trauma.

When it is the lung, they often heal on their own. We will repeat x-ray in two months, in the meantime, watch for breathing trouble or vomiting. Bring him in right away for either.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The sense of relief is BEYOND UNIMAGINABLE!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
WOO HOO! [emoji]128512[/emoji] that's fabulous news! So happy for you and Lazlo!