Lack of Shedding

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Question. Had Guy for almost 4 months now. One thing I noticed is there is basically Zero hair even in his bed or my bed. Do some kittens not shed much or is there a time of year they start to shed. I'm not complaining I owned Golden Retrievers and know about fur :)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Some cats just shed less than others. My first kitten didn't seem to shed at all. I got her sister 6 weeks later and suddenly I was up to my eyeballs in loose fur. They were both shorthair kittens from the same litter.

When I had 9 cats, all shorthair, just 2 of them did 90% of the shedding.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My advice, having been in your shoes: don't get too excited. Until my Juno turned about 7 or 8 months, I thought maybe I had hit the kitty maintenance jackpot, because she just didn't shed. Now I can sometimes see the hair rising off her as I pet her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ya I figured was too good to last forever :)
Your Juno is gorgeous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My advice, having been in your shoes: don't get too excited. Until my Juno turned about 7 or 8 months, I thought maybe I had hit the kitty maintenance jackpot, because she just didn't shed. Now I can sometimes see the hair rising off her as I pet her.
What breed is your girl if you don't mind me asking.
Too late I already asked lol

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Coco does not shed. She loves to be brushed. Lots of fur on the comb. Short fur,brown/white,spots,stripes,dark streak down her back and eyes change color green-brown.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan doesn't she'd much either, except when she's stressed like when she goes to the vet or we have company.