Lack of appetite and thick dark yellow pee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:grouphug2:A big group hug from all of us around the globe! Only a physical examination from an experienced vet will give answers. Maybe your vet can do an ultrasound or at least an xray. Keep trying to give her small amounts of pedialyte to keep her hydrated and rub Karo syrup or honey on her gums to give her energy (just a dab of syrup or honey, to keep her blood sugar up). It is so hard to wait for the vet hospital to open but not all areas have emergency services and those that do sometimes require the after-hours payment before they'll see the patient. I completely understand your concern. Sending prayers and vibes from California that your precious kitty makes a speedy recovery :vibes::vibes::vibes::heartshape:
Pyometra will have pus.. right?
There is no pus in her discharge.. only mucus and blood.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I took her to the vet. He said it seems to be a urinary tract infection. He took an x-ray and said there's no uterus left and it isn't pyometra. Gave some antibiotics for the infection to clear up. Now there's no discharge. But she's not able to drink water though she's very thirsty. And is visibly very uncomfortable and crying. I think it's a blockage. I will take her to the vet and ask him to do the catheter. Hospital opens in 4 hours. Is there anything i should know. Can someone share it with me.. what vets in your country do if something like this happens. Will they inject any antibiotics from her urethra to clear up the infection? Can it be a gall bladder infection?

Last edited:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
And also she will be very hungry.. she didn't eat anything for 2 1/2 days now. should I give her kmr when catheterizing her. does that count under solids?

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't understand why she is not able to drink water. What does that mean? A urinary blockage should have shown up on the x-ray.

Feed her (by mouth) whatever you can get down her. If that is KMR, so be it.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why she is not able to drink water. What does that mean? A urinary blockage should have shown up on the x-ray.
Feed her (by mouth) whatever you can get down her. If that is KMR, so be it.
At that time she is still having the discharge. He gave some antibiotics and told me to give her a lot of water. I haven't seen any discharge after we came home. I gave her 5 ml of water every hour. she woke up in the night and asked me to open the crate door. After coming out she sat next to me and crying. I gave her some water.. she wanted to drink it but not able to.. she didn't pass urine till now.
She again went into the crate by herself and sleeping.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, it is not that she is unable to drink, it is that she is not interested in doing so? What are you doing to give her food? It sounds like she might be hungry.

Also, antibiotics can upset a cat's stomach, making them less inclined to want to eat/drink, even when their tummies want food. What other food options do you have to try with her?

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, it is not that she is unable to drink, it is that she is not interested in doing so? What are you doing to give her food? It sounds like she might be hungry.

Also, antibiotics can upset a cat's stomach, making them less inclined to want to eat/drink, even when their tummies want food. What other food options do you have to try with her?
I gave her some water.. she didn't pee even a drop. She moved a little bit around the house and crying. So I thought it could be a blockage. The discharge down there has all become very dry.. she licked her vagina so many times. I kept the water bowl near her mouth. She kept her tongue inside and wanted to sip it but stopped. She did like this few times. I feel that the discharge has dried up inside.
I have wet food, eggs. I can buy meat, fish or anything. But I think she can't eat it right now.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you have a vet visit scheduled, force feed her via oral syringe any food mixed with water you can until then. She won't pee if there is nothing to pee - meaning she is most likely dehydrated.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is diarrhea not vaginal discharge because of parasites. Now they are giving treatment to control diarrhea.