Labor? Update: Kittens Are Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama and kittens are both doing wonderful. Mama didn't even need my help!! So proud of her :)

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does she have to eat the placenta? She's just leaving them right now.

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All kittens are latching very well after a little help :) mama is tired but doing amazing. I am so so proud of her!!! So far she's birthed 3 out of 5 placentas and I think there may even be 1 more kitten inside. Thanks for all your help and kind words everyone!!! I will take some more pictures once I change the bedding

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What's the easiest way to clean mom up without bothering her? I managed to change the towel underneath already (it was pretty bad) but she still has some fluids/blood stuck to her tail/back legs.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will eventually clean herself down there, but she is too tired right now and nursing is far more important. You can, however, take a warm, damp cloth to clean her gently if you wish. Be careful though, her lady parts will be sore from birthing.

She was in labor all that time and did beautifully! You worried for nothing!

Congratulations! Six kittens is a big litter for a first-time mom.

Do you have mom and kittens in a dark, quiet room? Make sure she has ample food right nearby, along with her litter box so she does not need to go far.

Did you buy KMR? Give her a dish or two a day. She needs it for the calcium.

Bengalmum93 Bengalmum93

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I definitely thought she was only going to have 2 or 3 as that's all I was able to feel when they were in her still. She did so wonderful. I cried. She didn't need any help and did such a good job. I stayed with her and rubbed her back gently the whole time (she whined unless I did this). As soon as I started rubbing her back she quieted down. She actually didn't make a sound the whole time she was pushing, just did the panting.
Mom and babies are in the nesting box which is put into a dark closet in the room with the least traffic. I just gave Coco a full can of wet food and she ate the whole thing. She hasn't drank much water yet but she usually only does from the tap in the bathroom or kitchen. I know the wet food has moisture in it so at least she's getting a little fluids into her. As for the KMR, we do have some, she hasn't been very interested in it so far. I will try giving her some more though and hopefully she'll take to it this time as I know it would be very good for her.

Also I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted for all your help . You really helped me through this whole thing and I appreciate it! You guys are all awesome ❤
When I am able to get some more pictures I will post those here as well for you all to see. Xo

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How sweet! I hope you can get some rest now too. Make sure all 6 babies are on nipples. With six you may have a runt. Do you have a scale to weigh them?