Labor Signs?

Sarah101610

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, before I continue searching through to find similar situations I'm going to ask in hope one of you may have my answers.
To start, I'm not really a cat person so I've never had any now I have lots and still don't know much. I already had to get a bunch of their bits snipped therefore can't really afford to take mamma to the vet.

She is clearly pregnant, she had gunk all over her junk...I cleaned it for her...she is fine I think.. unless she took them elsewhere and hasn't spent any time with them she hasn't had the kittens yet. She does keep licking her lady bits.
That was last night though! Royghly 20 hours ago. She's just been sleeping..eating..and actually wants a little attention for the first time.
I have no idea how to know how far along she is, if she's ready to pop, if there's a problem, nothing!
Please, help me help my kitties <3

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Here's an article that should answer some of your questions:

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Plus a couple others with additional info:
Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth
Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats
How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their Mother?

Since she appears to be close to delivering, please keep her inside, until the kittens are old enough to be adopted out, and/or you get her spayed. Also, once the kittens are born, keep her away from any intact males until you can get her spayed, as cats can become pregnant again, as soon as 1 week after giving birth, and without showing a visible heat, and back-to-back pregnancies are very hard on cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sarah101610

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, unfortunately she was a stray to begin with and won't come inside due to the dominant male cat. I set up a place on the covered porch and intend to move her and them down stairs inside when they are born in hopes she'll feel its safe and keep them there.
Thank you again for the links I'll take a look at them :)

Sarah101610

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I should also add, this is her third pregnancy and she's barely a year old. She was my sisters cat I thought she was spayed already but evidently not. I didn't realize back to back pregnancies could be bad.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you so much for caring for this cat. Poor kitty, having a third pregnancy already. I hope your sister will help out with the cost of getting the cat spayed once she has these kittens, so she won't get pregnant again.

Here's one more article with info on Nutrition For The Mother Cat

And another one to keep handy once the kittens are weaned. There is a list of low cost clinics at the end of the article. No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

Sarah101610

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I sadly will not be holding my breath on that but I can guarantee she won't go back to being an out poor cat until the kittens are weaned and she is spayed, I obviously don't want her to immediately get pregnant again if it's legitimately hurting her.