L Carnitine For Kitty

Ladyrosee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone use this and what dose? I'm trying an experiment with my kitten who has extremely low platelets

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I wish I could help, but really don't know what to say. First, I would ask, have they determined what is causing the low platelet production? Secondly, it was my understanding that L-carnitine was used for cats who are deficient in this enzyme and it mostly causes heart and skeletal muscle health problems.

Hopefully someone else on this site has better knowledge in this area and can offer some insight. Hang in there until they do!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I just did a site wide search with no results. Hopefully there's a member with experience for you :crossfingers:

CosmoBot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone use this and what dose? I'm trying an experiment with my kitten who has extremely low platelets
Blargh hard to find info on this.

You've probably already seen this, but here is some research that includes info on dosage Cats Receiving L-Carnitine Had Improved Metabolism.

Here is the only for-animals supplement I could find Quinicarn (L-Carnitine)

My feeling is that it's something you/we may have to talk to a vet about. I'm interested in this, too, though, so, #following.