Kuro is gone

kurothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I took him to the Vet yesterday and she said I should take him to the ER after running blood. BUN was off the charts and something else was high. He had a heart murmur grade 1, then once they gave him fluids it was 2, then by 4:30 it was 3. So he was even more dehydrated. I started this account because I was looking for help with his hyperthyroidism, and settled on doing the iodine. 5 years later and I've lost him. I did all the right things. I adopted him from the humane society, cared for him when he was sick and put him down. I'm very upset, he was the sweetest and most chill cat ever. I'll miss him dearly.

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
O dear….you DID do everything right, and he was obviously loved. Thank you for sharing such sweet pictures. With all pets, it’s the bargain we make, knowing they don’t live as long as us, but it doesn’t make it any easier. Big hugs & I hope the grief ebbs & the warm memories take over.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. Kuro was a handsome boy.

You loved and cared for him with all the best that you have got, and for that, he is eternally grateful.
Hang in there. If you need anyone to talk to, just drop a message or two.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Kuro, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

You and Kuro tried, but his little body could no longer support his sweet heart and loving spirit. Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he sends his love, translated and purified into Love, back to you to walk beside you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Sometimes it is silent, but it IS still there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, you did everything right. But the most important thing to him was giving him a home and the love he needed so much. Sometimes we do everything right and it still goes wrong. It is because that happens, none of us are perfect. I'm sure in my heart that you gave him the longest possible happy life he could have, and for that he is thankful.
The bond you have is spiritual, so eternal. He will always be connected to your soul. The 'essence' of him just doesn't disappear, it joins back into the universe and remains there forever. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him happy ones and give him comfort. He is at peace because he carries your love.
"Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened." He was meant to share your life's journey for a while and though he now follows a new path, it will always parallel your own. he would never want you to be so sad because of him. go forward into life as you would want him to go forward if you were the first to go. that is love. Leave a space open for more love to join his and make it even stronger, there is always room for happiness and love. You can never replace what he has gifted you, but you can show him his love is so very important by sharing what he gave you.....a cat's love.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, I know what a painful time this is and will be for a long time. Take care of yourself and know we are here if you need us. RIP dear Kuro. you will forever be missed, you will have a secure place in a loving heart forever. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kurothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the kind messages. After he is cremated he will be back home with us again. All I can do right now is think about all the signs he was giving me that he wasn't well. But I had no idea... We have two other cats that need to be cared for and loved. I have to try to focus on them, and remember the good times which is hard right now. Thank you again.