"Kumbulu" aka Tania

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First off, I know that she isn't a cat. But back in the day (and the old-timers will attest to this) she was one of the integral parts of this forum machine who saved many a kitten with her sage advice. She was also my Internet partner for years and we came together to create an article for this website and out of that, Anne suggested we build a website for people confused about kitten care. Tania was the best! She was caring, and gentle with the wee ones, patient with those asking advice about them and kitten-rescue has gone on to save many kittens worldwide.

I lost track of her in 2008. She lived in Australia and I live in Oregon and we would meet nightly on Messenger and chat and share rescue stories. I knew after some time being with her that she survived some horrendous abuse. I understood after she took me into her confidence why she gravitated toward the abused, the abandoned and the lost. She was the best.

Some people are lucky. They grow up without demons- Tania had many. In the end, she took her own life. I recently learned of this. She died in 2010. She was only 36 years old!

Perhaps by putting this here, in a forum of cat lovers, she will somehow understand that her life did  matter. She saved so many kittens through our website and through this forum. Her gentleness was real, her caring astounding. I shall miss her tremendously.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so very sad to read this.  I wish sometimes we could have a periscope view out of the darkness to see what we mean/have meant to others, to lift that heavy darkness a bit.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and I thank you for sharing her--and your--stories.  Everybody does matter and it is a wonderful thing to commemorate your friend's life in this way.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tania gave so much of herself to cats in need and taught so many people how to help. I've missed her presence here at TCS and truly hope she's at long last found peace.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was so very sad to read this.  I wish sometimes we could have a periscope view out of the darkness to see what we mean/have meant to others, to lift that heavy darkness a bit.
That's so true.

For such a kind soul to have suffered so much in her life is a tragedy. Her life here on earth wasn't in vain and she touched many other lives in a positive way. That she left a legacy of caring despite what she went through speaks volumes about the strength of her character. May she rest in well deserved peace. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please accept my sincere condolences, the loss to the world is tremendous. Although we may never understand why people decide to take away their pain in the only way they think is left to them, we are left to mourn and to try to understand questions that will never be answered. My heart breaks for the loss, she sounds like a wonderful caring person who suffered more then anyone knew. God bless.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...what a tribute and quite a history you have shared. Although I haven't been around long enough, I definitely sense the impact Tania made on the community and here on TCS. Thank you, @Anne, for linking to her page. I read a few of her very old posts (last one in 2006). In just the few that I read, I gathered a sense of humor, passion, and love. 

With heartfelt condolences... 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spent some time last night reading over our old posts and remembering those days when so many of us were good buddies on here. Some posts made me weep- who am I kidding? They all made me weep. There is a tribute to her on our website now- www.kitten-rescue.com    The only thing I can say at this point is it was such an honor to call her my friend and she taught me so much about sick kittens and being kind. I knew she was in pain, she would tell me about cutting herself but I had no idea that pain would take her away from us so early.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so true.

For such a kind soul to have suffered so much in her life is a tragedy. Her life here on earth wasn't in vain and she touched many other lives in a positive way. That she left a legacy of caring despite what she went through speaks volumes about the strength of her character. May she rest in well deserved peace. :rbheart:
I did not know Tania but my heart is aching over the world losing such an obviously well loved and very special woman. I completely agree with the above and wish most people could see what they really do mean to the other's they leave behind.

RIP :rbheart: Tania :rbheart: