Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista passed away in the ICU. 😿

A vet tech said she was breathing hard and her heart gave out.

She is no longer suffering.

And while I got my last moments with her in the car before I dropped her off, I will always feel a little divided about today. She could have spent her last hours with me instead of alone in a cage. But through everything she’s fought through, I had to run her down this morning and give her one more chance.

Bill E

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been following your thread for quite some time now because what you have faced is similar to what I have been facing with my cat. I never posted anything to the thread but have been pulling for you and Krista. I was saddened to read that she passed today and wanted to offer my condolences. For what it's worth I have looked at you as a role model for the outstanding care that you provided for your baby.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry Krista is gone. You talked with her before you left her at the hospital...she knew. It's OK, she knows what all you 've done for her, and she knows why you took her to the hospital. Instead of fighting any more, you let her know that is was OK to let go, but you would give it one last shot...she knew... I am glad you got to tell her. She knew you were - and, always have been - and, always will be - in her corner. RIP darling Krista.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this about Krista. No one could have done more for her, or for any pet, and I hope that there is some consolation in that. It is sad that you were not with her when she passed, but just as I would, you wanted her to have any possible help that might have been available in a full service veterinary hospital. It certainly assures you that you gave every last chance that you could and you will never have to second guess anything about her care.

You were so kind to reach out to Chelsea and I with all the advice that you had learned in your time of caring for your girl.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much love and prayers. I am sure it is so so so so hard. You really did the absolute best you could for her. She was very loved she knew it too.
She was the only thing making this stupid pandemic tolerable. The last few months at home with her have been precious! 😻
Any words are trite. And you know them all already. But know that so many members' thoughts are, and will be with you.
Yes, beautiful Krista is no longer in pain and no longer having to deal with all of the health issues she has been dealing with for so long. This is cause for relief, on my part and I'm sure, also on yours.
Of course each of us is different and this is a very personal loss you are going through. But I hope you believe that she is still with you, not physically but spiritually; and that she will always be with you, watching over you, until you are reunited eventually. The soul is eternal. The pain she has gone through is, I am sure, forgotten. The love goes on forever.
Know that all of us who have followed her care are with you in spirit and speaking personally, here to listen, to empathize and to help if possible.
You know that I hope you will, in time, open your heart and home to another. I am sure Krista would want that and that she will be very much happier if you do make this decision when/if it is right for you. So many need loving homes, such as you would provide. Sharing that love is a living testament to the love you shared and will always share with Krista.
In the meantime, you must grieve. We are here for you.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry Krista is gone. You talked with her before you left her at the hospital...she knew. It's OK, she knows what all you 've done for her, and she knows why you took her to the hospital. Instead of fighting any more, you let her know that is was OK to let go, but you would give it one last shot...she knew... I am glad you got to tell her. She knew you were - and, always have been - and, always will be - in her corner. RIP darling Krista.
I believe you nailed it. I lifted her onto my chest one last time in the car at the vet’s office. I told her you can pass here with me. Or I’m taking you in there to keep fighting for you. I think she stuck it out just long enough for me to let go because she knew I wouldn’t otherwise.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any words are trite. And you know them all already. But know that so many members' thoughts are, and will be with you.
Yes, beautiful Krista is no longer in pain and no longer having to deal with all of the health issues she has been dealing with for so long. This is cause for relief, on my part and I'm sure, also on yours.
Of course each of us is different and this is a very personal loss you are going through. But I hope you believe that she is still with you, not physically but spiritually; and that she will always be with you, watching over you, until you are reunited eventually. The soul is eternal. The pain she has gone through is, I am sure, forgotten. The love goes on forever.
Know that all of us who have followed her care are with you in spirit and speaking personally, here to listen, to empathize and to help if possible.
You know that I hope you will, in time, open your heart and home to another. I am sure Krista would want that and that she will be very much happier if you do make this decision when/if it is right for you. So many need loving homes, such as you would provide. Sharing that love is a living testament to the love you shared and will always share with Krista.
In the meantime, you must grieve. We are here for you.
I am literally speechless with these words. Thank you!

Maybe it’s my empathy gap with being on the spectrum, but I’ve never known what to say at times like this. I’m sorry for your loss seems so empty and insufficient.

Recently I learned a Jewish saying whose origin and Hebrew I don’t know because I’m a bad Jew 🤦🏼‍♂️😹:

“May her memory be a blessing unto you!”

And it will and it is. 😻

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. You and I signed up around the same time I believe and our cats were at the vet the same time with similar symptoms too (December 2018-January 2019). I have always felt a connection to Krista and you over this. I developed true love for Krista over time from following her journey, and was amazed by the love between you two and your dedication to support her through every step.

I'm truly so sad she's gone. I'm also truly happy you two found each other and had a life to celebrate. You made her life so happy and death can't take away all those, years-long happy memories.

I will always remember you, you beautiful, sweet, strong Krista.

I wish you all the strength during this time.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am literally speechless with these words. Thank you!

Maybe it’s my empathy gap with being on the spectrum, but I’ve never known what to say at times like this. I’m sorry for your loss seems so empty and insufficient.

Recently I learned a Jewish saying whose origin and Hebrew I don’t know because I’m a bad Jew 🤦🏼‍♂️😹:

“May her memory be a blessing unto you!”

And it will and it is. 😻
Well, I'm not Jewish, but a lot of my dearest friends are, and I knew that saying. May it be so for you always! *And as far as your being "a bad Jew" I can't speak to that, but you are a fantastic person and a superlative cat dad. None better. You're a mensch. :catlove:
I'm aspy, so I think I can relate to that.
What a wonderful video! I take loads of pix and more recently, videos, because they become so treasured in time. Our beloveds may be absent physically, but IMHO they are very, very much with us in spirit; and seeing them once again is for me a bittersweet experience I would much rather have access to than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.